Pond fishing last night.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by big-muddy, Jun 14, 2007.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    went out on my buddy's pond last night. caught 3 bass 1 gill and a 6 pound channel. dont have a camera, but hey at least i caught a few fish somewhere besides rend lake. i know there are some 10+ pounders in there, so, as i continue to fish there and get a camera, ill post up the bigguns.

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE CATCHIN, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Glad to hear you had some luck. That sounds like fun.

4. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on a good time out. Its nice to fish a pond every once in a while, break it up a little. Good job!!

5. ILChannelMan

ILChannelMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like fishing ponds, as long as the people who have it don't feed it too much. Quieter, and away from people. It's tranquil, and I used ponds when I was re-learning (before this year, I hadn't fished for 6 or 7 years.) So that other people weren't there to laugh if I screwed up. Still love 'em. BIG fish!!

6. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Glad you got to catch some fish.:big_smile:

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    yep- i like it, cause in a good pond you know your gonna catch something and if your lazy like me, its nice to sit in a folding chair and bottom fish with a tightline rig and some chicken livers.

8. puck55

puck55 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    around here there's a pond that has great bully fishing i caught some the other night i had a whole mess to fry i was using a simple egg weight and a night crawler the biggest one was 5 lbs though

9. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Alright Shane
    glad you had a great time...I hope all is well and you are ready for a great gathering...Whoa....I sure hope we have a good turn-out...