pond fishing in GA

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by armyfisher, Oct 17, 2008.

1. armyfisher

armyfisher Member

State:
    georgia
    i've done a hell of a lot of pond fishing here in GA during the spring and summer months. Now as nature intended its turning colder into fall and winter. My question is, is there anything different about small to medium pond fishing during the fall and winter than in the spring and summer besides from the fact the fish aint as frisky as they used to be? The reason i'm asking ya'll from GA and fish GA like its going out of style:big_smile:, and ya'll been living here and know how these fish act during different times of the year thanks brothers:big_smile:

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well sticking true to my new/old roots of if it swims I will fish for it ways. I have been hitting a lot of ponds lately doing the bassin thing and the key the past week or so has been dead slow and lots of patience. Ive been sticking it to them with a weightless senko fished painfully slow around deeper structure in the ponds I fish and it seems as though mid afternoon has been better than the morning and late bite. But from personal experience when the bass fishing slows down like this so do the pond cats and thats when I have had some really good days on natural baits such as night crawlers and smaller baits as in smaller bluegill chunks and shiners:wink: Hope this helps

3. armyfisher

armyfisher Member

State:
    georgia
    well i appreciate your insight. i went out last night and just got back about an hour ago caught 4 total 2 brown bullheads and 2 channel cats. i kept the channels they were about 2 and a half pounds each. i'll be throwing pictures on later when the ol lady wakes up. you were right though things definatly slow down. i remember when my fishing buddy armyfisher2 and i went out there during the summer we would come home with a garbage pail full of cats. about 2-4 a.m. they started hitting hard but wouldn't get hooked. its wierd i was reading a post where someone said i never go out with less than 3 different types of bait, i took his advice and it paid off, 1 hour they would only bite on 1 bait so on and so forth. I'm really surprized though that they aint eating hardy to get ready for winter. well brother thanks for the advice it paid off keep on doing what us brothers do best FISH.:big_smile: