Pond fishing help

Discussion in 'Pond Fishing' started by Pond catfisher, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Pond catfisher

Pond catfisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    There is this pond that i have fished in a couple of times with my son. Everytime i go there is somebody else fishing in there pulls out some big chanel catfish. Everytime me and my son go we catch one or two small chanels. The pond is small with a couple of brush piles by the shore and the water is very brown and murky. I have tried magic bait, chicken, and hotdogs. I also have tried no bobber and a bobber with no luck. Any advice

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    See if you can find the deepest spot and fish there- on the bottom.... try real small live bluegills or large minnows.

3. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Bill is da man!

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree with above, but you might also try throwing some worms at them. Stay safe and good fishing!!!:wink:

5. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I wish I had my own pond, I would allow others to fish but they wouldnt be able to keep anything, and I would "chum" the water every day/every other day just to get them in a routine so myself/others could see the fish.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Try an use small blue gills an or creek chubs or shiners. Fish the bottom an see what happens. If your not catching them in the day light may even try a little evening action.

7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yep small live gills like Bill said would be a nice enticing meal. The cat would be a fool to overlook it.:smile2:

8. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I would also try floating a gill at night on a float, such as a Kat Bobber. Be sure the hook accomadates the size of the gill. Good luck.

9. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    is it a man made pond try throwing up on diffrent ledges i have one i fish all the time my friend does to but fishes deep never catches anything i fish about ten feet of the bank hits all day and night night crawlers shrimp chk liver doesnt matter but man made podes with no natural way for the water to flow in and out freely does not hold much oxygen so they will never be deep case in point my buddy goes deep all the time and nothing he swears there out there look at structure try diffrent spots try fishing for small pan fish to see where they hit the most because the big boys will be there as the sun goes down best of luck

10. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think your best bet would be to ask the other people what they are doing different. Most fisherman will give you some info. If they won't just watch them. JMO