Pond filters

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by copycat, Apr 9, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have a small pond that currently has no filter system on it. Whats the best type of filter to use? I probably would put some goldfish in it

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    It's about 250 gallon size pond.

3. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    i have a 250 gal pond also ......i have one huge koi my son named sarge and a ton of goldfish..with several fry that had hatched out last year.......i got my one of those wally world pump/filters ...it sets in the middle of the pond with a fountain head on it ...it draws the water from the top of it ,through the filter and out the fountain head ...works really well, but it was needing the filter cleaned way often,,,,,, it has a coarse filter on the top layer and the second layer is a very fine filter ...i just removed the fine filter pad and still does a great job and doesnt need cleaning nearly as often....hope this is of some help..
    boog

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    My sis in law raises koi for resale so I called her. If your pond is 250 DON"T get a filter rated for 250. The rating is made for a unstocked pond. She suggested a 1000 gal filter. (not much price differents) She got a couple off e bay.
    She also suggest that you put the fish in one @ a time. This is because of deseases.
    Bill