Pomona Report

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lakeith, May 9, 2006.

1. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Went fishing there 2wknds ago and last wknd. Caught White Bass/Wiper and Channel and something else. I think it was a Drum. I caught the channel by the dam and the wipers by a little marina leading out of the quarry area. They were a heck of a fight with 6lb test. The other great thing about the lake was the lack of traffic.

2. OsageCountyCatman

OsageCountyCatman New Member

State:
    Osage City, KS
    Pomona has plenty of drum, caught a #12 one there a couple years ago in the spillway. Any drum I catch go to a gal I know in Burlingame. She's a transplanted Louisiana Coonass who know Drum as Redfish back home.

3. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    They have a bad reputation don't they? They fight pretty good but, i hear they're bony and the meat is delicate so you have to keep them on ice soon after they're boated. I haven't taken the trouble to keep one.

4. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    I'll be at Pomona sat. evening cooking out for my dad's bday and fathers day. Don't know where i'll be but, anyone can stop over if they see a white 99 ranger and a maroon ranger. I might camp out w/ some family members if the weather's right. I'll hopefully be able to wet a line also.

5. OsageCountyCatman

OsageCountyCatman New Member

State:
    Osage City, KS
    I've got lines set in the Dragoon over in the Carbolyn area. Maybe we'll get to meet?

6. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    I can't really keep up w/ what's going on here for the near future b/c we moved and i'm kinda in the country w/ out internet now.