Pomona Luck

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by derail, May 31, 2008.

1. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Alright. Well, I just got back from Pomona Lake. Had some pretty good success. Biggest was a 35 pound flat. Lots of 2-7 pound channels. Everything caught in the shallower waters. Even hauled in a 33 pound buffalo. Caught the flat on a perch, and most of the channel on shrimp and crawlers. No luck at all on crawdads. All in all, a pretty successful three days. Especially with the flatty being my first. I'll try and get my pictures up soon.:006:

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Sounds like you a good trip.

Cant wait to see the pic.
    Congat on your Flattie. Thats a nice one to start with.

And that's one BIG buffalo to.

3. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    it must be nice to take a week off work to fish and relax at the lake.:smile2:
    nice job on the flat though!rod and reel?did your boy catch any?

4. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Ahh. Mr. Mandingo. Yea my little mini me got the trip kicked off with a 14-16 in. channel on his new rod. Then caught a whole bunch of perch for me off a floating dock over at the rock quarry. The big fish were all caught on lines, couldn't get anything bigger than a five pound channel to hit on my poles. Sure beat hauling shingles around all week.:wink:

5. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Here's my first flattie! 35 pounds on the nose.

Attached Files:

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like a really good trip congrats on your catches glad to hear that they was biting good your way thanks for sharing the pic with us thats a nice looking flattie, I bet he put up a good fight, hopefully the big hawgs will keep on biting and this will be a good year good luck to you on the rest of your fishing trips, I wish ya luck.

7. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    nice job on the big flatie hope there is more in your future