Pomona lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by XXXL, Nov 3, 2007.

1. XXXL

XXXL New Member

State:
    Osage City, Kansas
    Anyone ever have any luck at Pomona? I think the state record flathead came from here a few years back- but not positive.

2. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I've never fished it for anything except channels.( Fair ) I have heard it's got some big flats. I personally believe that any of the corp lakes holds the next record.

3. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Caught a lot of eater size channel there. I had some real good bites on some 4 in perch and goldfish there also. Didnt catch them though to many budlights to set the hook but still it was really fun. I have heard that there has been some real nice flats and also blue caught out of there. I dont know for sure about the blues though.

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

the record that came from there was along time ago.like back in the 1990's i got to see that one. true enogh though there are some huge flatheads in there.start running the mouth of the creeks and coves you are sure to find one.

5. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Elk City resivor is the current state reccord flathead producer, I belive. And if you break it its a double whammie, 'cause its a world reccord too!!

6. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

yep thats right the other record mentioned was the old state record that stood for along time .