pommie

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by trashman, Apr 19, 2007.

1. trashman

trashman New Member

State:
    buffalo
    hey i'm going down to pommie this weekend i'l be at pitsberg park if any body wants to say hello

2. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Brent, I was just courious to know how you did this week end. I have fished Pommie several times with no luck except for crappie. Sure would like to catch some cat there since it is sorta close to home.

3. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Hey Brent, just got back from Pomme, been there from Mon. thru Fri., my neighbor at the camp grounds at Nemo was running lines in the area and was real successful with minnows! The two largest were 8-10# cahnnels but were starting to bite Thursday nite.

4. trashman

trashman New Member

State:
    buffalo
    we did good on gold fish we got about 12 pan sized

5. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    A guy at a bait shop told me today that he had reports of cat and crappie being real good on Pommie and Stockton but I was at stockton last week and it sucked.

6. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I have always liked fishing at Pomme. Most of the time we were fishing for crappy and bass but we did catch a few cats here and there. If you go and intend on staying the night the Sunflower resort is a pretty nice place to stay. It is nothing fancy but they have a covered boat dock and all the rooms are kitchenettes for about the same price or even cheaper than an average motel room. Rueben the guy that runs the place will always have some good fish stories to tell ya too.

7. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    We camp over at Pomme quite often, at the Hermitage campground. Usually do real well drifting the large flats with cut or whole shad. Never caught anything larger than 12 lb channels but the action is usually pretty good with eater size 2 to 4 lb. range with some larger ones thown in every once in a while. I'm sure there must be some big blues around I just haven't found them yet.