Pomme

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by sherdan, Jun 17, 2006.

1. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    Chris I'm sorry I didn't get back to you earlier and I haven't posted enough to send a PM. Done real good on Martin's Flat, you were right about the shad went all the way to Pittsburg public access to find them plenty of them there but few in the lake. We fished Thurs and Friday nights, had one off rod and reel that went 16# and another that went about 10# and 3 off jugs that went around 12, 10 and 8#. We were using whole shad wormed on and fishing between 20 and about 32' deep over on the right side of the shallow water bouey, just before it drops off to deeper water. The wind died down both nights around 11 and that hurt the fishing, might give that area a shot the next time you go out, they were all channels, don't think I've ever caught a blue over there. Good Luck

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I used to fish over at Martins Flats and did pretty good out there. There's two buoys out there, one near the bluffs and one on the very far left if you're approaching from the dam area. Which one do you fish at? I'll be down on Pomme from July 1st-July 23rd on vacation. The locals are always saying that the cats are spawning during that time of year but I always do real well, especially on trot lines along the bluffs. I'll watch for you out there. I have a 14 foot green Lowe flatbottom with a 25 Johnson and a 87 24 foot Lowe Pontoon with a 90 Johnson and drive a black durango. It's easiest to find me because I always have my dog with me, a light brown husky beagle mix wiht blue eyes. Hope to see ya down there! Chris

3. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    Forgot about the bouey farthest from the dam. This last trip was by the one closest to the dam. I'll look for you, we'll be at Hermitiage camp ground the 11th thru about the 23rd of July. I have a 22ft Lowe deck boat without any decals on the sides, all white you can't miss it. Look forward to visiting with you.