Pomme report

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by sherdan, Jul 23, 2006.

1. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    I know most of you guys don't fish pomme but for those that might here's how things went on vacation. The heat was terrible and the water temp was about 87 degs. No shad but really little ones, tons of them. The few shad I did get paid off however. We fished 2 evenings this week about 2hrs each and caught channels both nights I think we had 7 or 8 total and they ranged from nearly 20 lbs to about 2lbs. and only one off a jug about 10 lbs. I believe if a person had some good fresh cut shad they might have limited out, we only went out with 2 or 3 shad each evening. Tried some frozen shad from one of the bait shops but the fish wasn't too crazy about them. The fish we did get was in water from about 16' to nearly 30' on mud flats.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

thanks for sharing your report and congrats on the fish even though it was tough out there sounds like you still had a good time.

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Sherdan! I was down there from June 30-July 14th and found the fishing was tough. I didn't fish Martins Flats like I wanted to because of the wind on the nights I was going. I fished Bolivar area again with no fish at all. I also put out a trotline just to see what was biting and did good on that. Trotline was off the main channel near Nemo off of a bluff. Caught 2 flatheads about 5 pounds each and a ton of 5 ish channels. One still had eggs and the males still had swollen heads and looked as if the spawn was still on. Shad were hard to find so I used leaches and live bluegill. Sorry we didn't get to meet up, I was kind of busy down there but still have the rest of the year. Chris

4. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    We'll run into each other sometime there, yea I was at martins alright, on the dam side, had to use the trolling motor some because of the lack of wind. Didn't get to fish much the kids and grandkids were with us all the time. But I do think if a person had some good bait he could have easy limited out on channels. I could find the shad but they stayed about 15' deep all the time, but who could blame them the water was like a warm bath! Did do a little trolling for some white bass but didn't do too much, broke my rod I usually use for them putting it in the rod box, kinda took all the fun out of trying after that. Had to put 2 oz. of weight on before the crankbaith to get it deep enough to catch anything. I don't ever remember the lake getting this warm before.