Pomme De Terre?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tkyhnt, May 22, 2006.

1. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Have not seen any postings on Pomme, just wondering how the Cats were doing down there. Will be camping at Wheatland this weekend and I personally have had some trouble finding cats on this lake. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a place at Nemo and fish Pomme sometimes for cats. I usually go up in the river, near P-12 and fish the flats at night and the rocky channel areas if I can't find the cats on the mud banks. Live bluegill or fresh shad have worked best for me. Biggest cat off of Pomme for me this year was a 22 pound channel caught on a shad head. Martins Flats is also a good area to fish, fish near the shallow water buoys off of the flats or near the rocky banks. I've caught a few flatheads but nothing big, maybe 10 pounds or so. Good luck, Chris

3. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Chris may give one of them a try. Not sure how much Catting I will get done this weekend as we will be camping with another couple but the girls are planning on fresh fish one evening so I can use that as an excuse to get out and see what we can do.