Pomme de Terre

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by wisker getter, Jul 6, 2009.

1. wisker getter

wisker getter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The wife and I are planning a camping trip to Pomme de Terre lake around the end of July and was wondering if anyone has had any luck there.
    We will be camping at the state park and would appreciate any hot spots or good baits that you would share with us.
    I'd like for the kids to catch some whiskers so they can be tought to clean fish:eek:oooh: It seems that when ever there is fish to be cleaned I stand alone.
    I figure that if they catch it and want to eat it then, they should know how to clean it and cook it.

Any info on this lake would really be appreciated, I've only been there once and that was just to check out the state park, I talked to a fellow fishing from the parks boat dock and he said the fishing is pretty good there, depending on what you after. He was fishing for papermouths and had a few.
    said he didn't care for catfish:confused2: poor guy.
    anyway thanx for any input

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    We used to fish pomme a bunch buch never really catfished cept for off the dock at night.(never did any good) Most of the marinas around the lake will have a fishing report I would start by talking to them if you can't get any info before you go.

3. wisker getter

wisker getter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanx for the info Ed.
    I think I'll see if I can find any of the Marinas on the internet and see if they post their fishing reports.

4. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Earl, sounds like some good times.

5. rdwsdw1

rdwsdw1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am taking the family down to Pomme De Terre from 6/17 to 6/20 myself and planning to stay at the state park in Pitsburg so I appreciate the information myself.

6. wisker getter

wisker getter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thank you Earl,
    sounds like we'll have a pretty good time there.
    Hope to get into some 3 to 5 lbers so the kids can clean :wink: and the wife can cook:roll_eyes: and I can eat:smile2: A fellow here in Lebanon told me about an Army corps of engineer acess that had free camping? around Pittsburg would you know where that might be, he had also said there was a cove on the other side of the lake there that should be pretty good this time of year.
    thanx again for the info looking forward to the trip.

7. wisker getter

wisker getter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Earl
    I checked out your photos did you say most of these came from the Pomme
    I guess that pic of bigger one is the 63 lber you talked about.
    I'd say the lady in the pic probably caught it:smile2: and let you take the credit for it:wink::wink::smile2:

8. wisker getter

wisker getter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanx again Earl
    wont know where we will be camping for sure now. But if we do go on the hyway 83 side What is the name of the marina you mentioned ? and if we wind up staying there I'll have the folks give ya a call,
    your invited to a cool iced tea:wink: and maybe some fried fish
    have a good one

9. wisker getter

wisker getter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Earl
    thanx for the info on the Hickory Ridge Marina I'll most likley give them a call
    I'm not sure if I'd want your "Heart Attack Spot":eek:oooh: got a bad ticker myself
    Just had a defibulator put in April 09 now on disability that's how I've got into fishing, never really got to do much before that.
    Just starting to find new places to fish, and met new people.
    was kinda leary about this site started out reading the "is it just me" thread
    and thought it was just a bunch of guys "venting" but I stuck with it and now happy I did.
    I'll let you know when we come up your way. like I said your welcomed to a cold drink and fried fish(if we catch some) if not some hot wings.

hope to see ya soon.