Pomme de terre river in Missouri

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Double L, May 23, 2009.

1. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    anyone been fishing the pomme around the Bolivar area?

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I dont fish the pomme but welcome to the BOC Leallen.

Tom

3. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    Thanks, Mo Hick
    I live in Bolivar, have fished the river alot with alot of success, several 15 to 20 lb flats and alot of channel.

4. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Hi and welcome to the BOC:big_smile:
    I haven't been fishing the Pomme yet, but will very soon. My father has a place near Carson's Corner and I go with him often. My dad, step mother and that side of the familly never go fishin. They just take boat rides on Pomme De Terre:sad2: fun, but I am a catfisherman so I head out by myself for at least a couple of hours while I am there. If you want to go cattin together sometime let me know. I will be there at his place the weekend after next.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Another welcome to the BOC from Mo. Leallen.

6. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    Thanks guys,
    I put out my line lastnite just before dark, ran it this morning about 6 had on 3 channel from 2 to 4 pound, didnt have good bait , going to catch some bait today and try to get some flats.

7. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    nice flatty ya got their CHIEF and good info :wink: have ya seen hooper today ???

8. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    fishing below flat bridge off of y hwy, had a little spill Sunday while putting in the boat(10 ft flat bottom) slipped on the wet concrete going down the bridge and fell hit the bottom of my back and shoulder on the concrete , had a big goose egg at the bottom of my spine and some scratches but had to bait the line anyways, only came away with a 6# flat and a 3# channel and alot of bare hooks. that is a great fish in Your avatar!

9. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a lake house at Nemo and fish there sometimes, usually end up at Warsaw but if I'm broke or lazy I fish up near Bolivar Landing. I catch alot of nice channels up there but not many flatheads although thats what I'm usually targeting. I mainly fish with big live bluegill up there, sometimes shad. With the lake up its hard to find the fish. Chris

10. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    baited lastnite with some large and small perch, ran this morning only had 2 channel around 6# and no bait left on.

11. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    Earl, I am actually fishing in the river, I know I need to be closer to the lake but I dont have the boat for it right now.

12. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    I am losing alot of bait to the gar, they are running alot , we had no fish this morning.

13. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    yes, fishing below bridge

14. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    after reading some post on this forum and Mo Conservation mag, thinking about switching gears and going after some gar with bow or rod.