Pomme 04/24 catfish report

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, tried to fish for cats again up in the river where the Pomme runs into the lake, on the same mud flat that I fished last week. Caught a lot of shad and fished the mud flat, 5-8 feet of water. Caught 2 small channels Monday night and had to leave because of lightning. Went back Tuesday morning and caught 2 small channels and about 20 drum, some close to 10 pounds. For what its worth, those drum pull pretty hard! Had fun but the weather sucked, I'll fish in the rain but when God turns on the juice its time to leave. Chris

2. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Chris, are you on Pomme de Terre or on Truman where the Pomme arm runs in?

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry, should have been more specific. Fished on Pomme itself, where the Pomme River feeds the lake. I also fish the Pomme arm of Truman but have not been out there for cats yet, crappie were doing great a couple of weeks ago on that part of Truman. Chris

4. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I haven't fished for cats in Pomme in about 30 years. My ex had family that lived there, and her aunt (retired army MSgt) liked to fish and had a boat there. Interestingly enough, we caught more cats over toward Nemo than up the river. I never understood that. They seemed to like to feed only at night and would cruise crappie beds for meals. I don't ever remember one time catching a cat in the daytime there. Course, that was probably because of the extremely clear water we were fishing most of the time.