Pollution in indiana waters

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by river scum, May 22, 2006.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    THIS IS NOT A CNR DEBATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first of all i wanted opinions from my fellow hoosiers on our waters. i wanted to know your thoughts and opinions on eating fish from our waters(laked and rivers). what kind and size of fish do you keep to eat,an why? i wont ask from what waters,i can respect everyones honey holes and want strait answers here. lol

second, i was wondering if any of you had good links for info on this subject. i cant find a good site where it lists detailed info on pollution in certain waters. tissue sampling results and such is what im looking for and how they determine whats safe and whats not.

i started this thread so i could get better informed about what we are eating. we can all benifit from being more knowledgable about the waters we use and love. your opinions are appriciated, thank you in advance for your responce.

tight lines all! tim

2. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    As for myself, the only public bodies of water that I eat fish from is Monroe & Catarac resivoirs, and Flat Rock River. I fish the west fork of white river and while it is considerably cleaner now than it was when I was a kid, I never eat fish from it. I know several locals who do eat them, they seem normal enough most of the time.

3. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey tim, what part of indiana are you from??? I am from clark county, fairly close to the river. the farm ponds and lakes i fish in do not seem that polluted. However, the creeks and rivers do. I heard that a couple years ago that the ohio was the cleanest it has been in a while. To me the ohio does not look that clean, i think it is just all the trash that floats in it. My brother use to work at charlestwon state park as a DNR officer and im sure that if i ask him if he knew of any websites or phone numbers that i could give you to try and help uou out on this thread.

thanks,

creek_fisher88

Tim (thats my name also)

4. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I would eat fish from the local lakes and ponds that I fish. I would eat very little fish from the Ohio and feeder creeks.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thanks for the links guys, ill look to see if they are new to me. i have seen alot of info on the net just not the indepth stuff i crave. lol

creek, im from ne indiana allen county.