poll

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by hunted, Jul 31, 2009.

how many of you have ever seen jug,trot or limb line fishing?

1. yep,seen it!!

2. what is it your are reffering too,never seen that!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    how many have actually seen someone jug,limb or trot line fishing?

just wanting to see how wide spread it is in our state

please state if it was in your area of the state,or if you traveled somewhere else in the state and seen

2. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well I'm from Missouri/Kansas, but I've done and seen plenty of it!

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I think the state should have different license fees for such a thing...most that do it, abuse it and have more then they should

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Seen jugging, trotlining, limblines on pretty much every body of water I have ever fished. That includes rivers and lakes. I have seen weighed down jugs on the river also. I have probably seen as many or more bobpoles than anything on the rivers though.....rollo

5. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Not only seen it, I love to limb line and so do most of my friends. Haven't tried jugging yet but I am Saturday night. I spent a lot of time making up my jugs and look forward to using them.
    I even thought about trying to get a jugging tournament going in different lakes and rivers here in Ohio with ALL legal fish kept and donated to a food bank, any fish released would be deducted from your total. It gets old being slammed on for limb lining and jugging, would be my way of fighting back.

6. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I know at least 20 people who run limb lines and not 1 keeps a fish ever. You all need to get off that everyone that does it abuses it crap.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  7. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I see it alot in Tennessee. I do it some. Chasing down jugs is fun.:smile2:

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    A double edge sword but I have seen it done an have done it myself. For someone in a strange area it may just be a good fish locator an fun to catch an release. Nothing wrong with setting a line or two in my opinion.

9. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    they dont allow jugging on the pay lake i fish...KIDDING. i havent ran into them but i usually only fish smaller bodies of water and when i go to the biggens i dont take the boat

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i am not actually trying to slam anyone in this thread,but there are too many negative crybabies who think everyone who does those methods are taking all the fish.
    it is a shame it always comes to this,i guess ishould of made my intentions clear.
    i started this thread to actually see if some of the crybabies who complain about it have actually seen people doing it and not just jumping on the band wagon with people who always think they know what is going on and maybe don't have a clue.
    lmao,negative reps,gotta be kidding me................

it would be nice if people could just answer the question instead of giving their opinions..........i didn't ask for an opinion and right now don't even care for opinions.

can i give negative reps to all the people who gave an opinion i didn't ask for?

forum trolls.......................

11. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio

12. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have seen limb lining in my area..........they are ALWAYS left for weeks unattended and unchecked. How do I know, you see them in the same locations every time out. Once last year when the water was high someone tied one off the bridge then the water went down and guess what? A small flathead hung there to die and rot off the hook.

13. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    seen it all over in ga but not so much in north florida

14. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Done it, Do it, Love it:smile2:

John

15. hunted

hunted New Member

State:

16. MOCatdaddy

MOCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ive trotlined a couple times.. only caught bluegills when i was usin big wads of nightcrawlers.

17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Now there's something I would't mind to try.... T-line bluegills for bait....

18. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    O'Shaughnessy Resevoir, I seen and released catches from limb lines.

1) I don't like the idea of the lines, so I had no issue with cutting it down.

2) They both had smallish Channels on them, that had been twisting so much that the lines were no longer long enough to keep the fish in the water.

19. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    stupid catfish oughta know to hold still :roll_eyes:

20. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio