Poll, Where do you buy most of your tackle?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by festus, Aug 30, 2009.

Where Do You Buy Most of Your Fishing Accessories?

1. Barlow's

2. Bass Pro Shop

3. Dick's

4. Gander Mountain

5. Cabela's

6. Walmart

7. Mom and Pop Bait Shops

8. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. festus

festus New Member

I use all these places myself, and a few more.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  2. festus

festus New Member

I didn't intend to post this thread under Fishing Bait Review, it should have went under Tackle. Mods, feel free to move it wherever it belongs!

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Mom and Pop Bait Shops and Walmart

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    If at all possible i try to support the local independent shops ,if not i will go to others or order from the internet,but i try to stay local if i can :wink:

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i buy all my stuff form mom and pops bait shop---my leader line 50# shakespeare at walmart

6. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    E-Bay always looking for a deal, you just have to think ahead about what you need...:wink:
    Puddle

7. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

For hooks and line I go to Bass Pro, I have one with in 15 mins from the house.
    Sinkers I make my own. no-rolls & no snag
    The last two poles came from Bass Pro. (Ugly Stik Tiger)

8. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    mom and pop bait shops or at times ebay, i try to support the local independent bait shops

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I use BOC sponsors as much as is possible.

10. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    About time we get some loyalty around here! :cool2:

11. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    I usually buy my stuff wherever I can get a good deal. Sometimes I impulse buy, especially when im at a new tackle shop i've never been too before and they have some stuff you just don't see anywhere else.

12. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    my dad owns a baitshop so i get my stuff from there,if i need it he has it or can get it for me.oh yeah and alot cheaper than anywhere else

13. cat-tracker

cat-tracker New Member

State:
    arizona
    I like to buy with our BOC sponsors and then mom and pop for bait, that way you can get the inside scoop where fish are hot, what they are hitting on, etc.

14. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I shop BASS PRO. Only cause I get my stuff FREE with REWARDS POINTS. If I had to buy, it would be here. The BOC. Seriously some really GOOD DEALS on the BOC.

15. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I like to go to bass pro and stock up on most things cause my mother in-law gives me gift certificates to there for christmas every year. Then i hit the ma and pop shops. Fairly new to the BOC so i may start useing it for the hard to get stuff anyway.

16. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    A decent amount here on the forums from sponsors generally the Customer service is the best, CC is another popular spot, Locally Gander Mountain has some things but not a lot,once in a while from Cabelas. Customer Service means a lot to me, so I tend to lean that way as long as the price is respectable.

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like to use the BOC sponsor when I can. I also use Catfish Connection. I also like to shop the larger stores like Bass Pro, to view new mdse, when I'm in the area.

18. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I spend at least $100 a month on bait and terminal tackle at Phillip's Bait & Tackle on RT 272.

19. festus

festus New Member

I like mom and pop bait shops. Usually they have most everything in stock that I need. Walmart, Dick's, and Kmart just don't have several things I need, like striper jigs, big swimbaits, circle hooks for catfish, and a good variety of sinkers. Most of the good mom and pop bait shops are near a body of water and the proprieters know about fishing. I like the bargain bins at Gander Mtn. and Dick's, sometimes you can get discontinued items at 1/4 to 1/3 of the regular price. However, unless something is on sale at a discount price, Gander Mtn., Dick's, and Bass Pro Shop are overpriced.

20. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I voted Walmart, simply because their prices are a little more in my range.:wink: