Poll- When fishing what makes you want to pack up and leave more than anything?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by patrickgd, Aug 31, 2008.

1. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    We all know what drives us to want to keep on fishing and fishing for insanely long periods of time. But... sometimes things can really go south. I know I've had a few times when the urge to throw my rod and reel in the water, leave and never come back comes knocking. But despite all of the adversity and tough times wild horses could'nt stop me from going back and trying again on a regular basis. So....whats the one thing that pours alcohol on your wound more than anything when fishing?

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Bad lightning, intestinal troubles, lake freezes over.....:wink:

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    The one thing that can make me want to pack it in and leave is:
    "Noise"!!! :angry:
    When it was nice and quite before.

Another thing that would do it is:
    "Bad Weather"!!! (Wind)

Yea - those are the things that can kill my R&R.
    :wink:LoL

4. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Too crowded or to hot.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If idiots crowd me on the water I usually pack up and leave quick...I cant stand to be crowded

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The only thing that will move me when I'm fishing is pleasure boaters crowding me out of an area.. It seems like they enjoy seeing how much they can make my boat bounce before it sinks..

7. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Well I had a poll but tried to post it and it said a poll could only be posted within 7 minutes of the post? Go figure... Anyway I guess the one thing more than anything for me is when someone right next to you is "putting on a fishing clinic" and I can't buy one. Resently I took a buddy of mine to a spot that I've fished all year long. He caught several including a PB Flattie and a PB Blue and I caught a Big Ole Goose Egg a.k.a Natta, Zippo, Struck Out, Screwed the pooch, Skunked Again. and one time I fished within 15 feet from a guy, sat there and watched him fill 2 stringers with over 50 lbs. of Catfish and I caught 1 small Bluegill, and we were within spitting distance. Talk about being on FIRE, we both were :smile2:

8. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    1. Lightning
    2. People crowding in on me
    3. Running out of provisions (bait, beverage, toilet paper, etc...)

9. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    mmmm, well, if I run completely out of time, I'll go home:big_smile:

10. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I hate being crowded by other people that can't keep quiet.
    Running out of bait when they are really biting.

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Lightning will send me packin faster than anything. Noise bothers me a lot also. Which is strange. I am very hard of hearing and yet any sound other than my clicker going off, drives me crazy. Even the sound of waves hitting the shore bother me. Barges, trains, auto traffic, they all will get to me in time and I will pack up. It's like trying to watch a movie and somebody is talking instead of watching. Same frustration.

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yeah, I remember one time I catfished for 38 hours straight. I consider that as running out of time.:wink:

14. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    1. Lightening
    2. When my fishing partner stands up in the boat and yells, "Ok, you said one more hole 27 times now, can we go?"

don3778

15. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    1, Lightning
    2, Bad wind,
    3, Running out of bait,"which doesent happen very often, I keep spam in the boat for backup"
    Puddle...:wink:

16. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    When I'm bleedin like a stuck pig from takein everyones fish off the hook. LOL! I generally fish with people from work. Take em out every week. Most of em are "PUNKS" LOL! I still enjoy it. I'll keep em out there till they are ready to puke. LOL!

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Oh, oh oh oh, I know there is something I could say, but alas, you've left me alone for a spell, so I'll let it slide. LOL:wink:

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Don't worry about him George, he forgot what he was going to say again.. That's getting to be a regular thing for Tom here lately... hehehe

19. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    My number 1 reason would be LIGHTINING ,then strong winds,(caught in tail end of twister once) now I get nervous at night.Can't see what is going on I'm ready to go_Oh Yeah fish not biting.(Like Last Night):sad2: No patience anymore I guess!!

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Lightning, or extreme heat with no clouds.
    Bill in SC