poll what eat their catches

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by JERMSQUIRM, Apr 28, 2008.

do you eat your catches yes no

1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    no fighting,lol. just courious as to what % of the b.o.c. eat catfish and others they catch. no restraunts dont count lol. fish you land yourself.:wink:

answer yes if you eat even just a few a year. no only if you never keep anything. thanks.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    There should be more options. Yes I eat some catfish! I typically keep one "meal" of 2-4 pound fish to take home with me. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

3. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Never. I hate the taste of fish. Everything I catch gets thrown back.

4. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Heck yes we eat what we harvest. If it's red meat at our house, Tonto has to kill it 1st.
    Fish } It's a little different on a slow river day when the boat, a bottle of wine, and snackage are the priorities de jour, we may toss back what we catch. On those days we are recharging our souls, not stocking the freezer. Any other time it is going in the freezer.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    not in this one. if ya eat one or two or none. simple yes or no.

for me i really do like bone in 14" fish. something about the taste is just different than a fillet.

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    the thought of 15 inch channel catfish largemouth bass walleye bluegill deep frying in corn meal with hush puppies and slaw French fries sounds very good to me with a nice glass of sweet tea yummy

7. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yep those 40lb + are mighty tasty!:wink:

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    easy now:tounge_out:. ya ive had 20+ flatheads. they are unbelievable tasting. i unfourtunatly dont catch many.

9. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i live alone, so gotta say, i release more than i keep. but only cause i like fresh fish.
    yep, nothing like a large flattie steak on the bbq!!!!!!!!!!!!! yummy
    gary

10. fishin fool 1969

fishin fool 1969 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im a catch & release man on ALL bass.Crappie,bluegill,and small cats are good table fare,but for the most part,I put em back to maybe let my son catch em one day.:wink:

11. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    My family gets to eat catfish once per week. I only harvest the three to five pound blues.

12. LUNKERCAT

LUNKERCAT New Member

State:
    north dakota
    I DON'T THINK THE SIZE OF THE CAT MATTERS WHEN IT COMES TO EATING. A PROPERLY CAUGHT, STORED AND CLEANED CAT MAKES A GOOD MEAL NO MATTER THE SIZE. THAT BEING SAID, PLEASE LET THE 'BIG' ONES GO BECAUSE THEY ARE SO FUN TO CATCH, AND UP IN THE NORTHERN STATES LIKE NORTH DAKOTA, TAKE A LONG TIME TO GET TO THAT SIZE.

13. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Thanks for the post Jeremy. On ocassion I will keep some of the smaller cats. 2-5# for the table. I like keeping some white bass, crappie or smaller wipers. But I will not for instance keep a little 10 to 12" catfish. I will let them go. On the average 18-24" is the size I will keep for the table.:wink:

Thanks..
    CPR.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You know me:wink:Of the ones I chase,I do eat em,a highly sought largemouth aint no better than a nice big crappie in my books ,I eat em all . except carp.those are bait I also practice SELECTIVE HARVEST

15. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I keep mostly crappie 10 inches and up . Bass is weird texture only good on the grill. I keep channelcat between 2 and 10 lbs but must say i mostely catch the 2 to 5 lbers . walleye 3 lbs and up ! I dont catch a flathead once in a blue moon but 7 to 15 are keepers everthing else goes back. And Ive only caught one bluecat in my life .

16. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    i like to eat the fish up to about 5 lbs the rest are cpr

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :wink:I eat what I catch-That is part of the process

18. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    OH YEA I eat what i catch ...GAR--CARP--DRUM--CATS__PERCH__BASS
    if it dont eat me first:wink:

I will throw the babies back and the monsters get a little muddy tasting ,so i will take their picture and let them go ----Good breeding stock---

It is funny though i do not like them little trout...TINNY LITTLE BONES...good fer bait.
    my whole family loves fish and some friends that did not eat fish will eat my fish...

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I thought u was pose to et it if u catch it:wink:MEE TOOOOOOOOO!

20. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I eat blue gill, crappie and on catfish I will keep and eat catfish if there under 5 pounds, or if there 5 and over I will throw them back and let them grow, catfish is good to eat.