Poll: Rate yours and/or your teams '08 fishin'

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Bill in SC, Dec 29, 2008.

Rate your and/or your team's '08 success

1. A

2. B

3. C

4. D

5. F

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Rate yours or your teams success for the '08 season. I rate mine and my team's to be a C+. We caught some FINE fish, and had success at several tournaments, but I see a LOT of room for overall improvement. I will say that thanks to the BOC and it's members, I have learned more this year than my previous 53 years on Earth. My goal for '09 is at least B status.

Bill in SC

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Man,I yhought this was gonna pertain to all,Just a special intrest thing huh :smile2:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Man,I yhought this was gonna pertain to all,Just a special intrest thing huh :smile2:>

Whatcha mean, Richard? Can you not vote in the poll? It's the fist poll I ever listed, so I hope I did it right.

Bill in SC

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just pikkin on ya my friend,a little sarcasm.:wink: Great poll If you were in the fishoffs,But I'm interested to see the results. Hope I didnt rain on your parade. by the way I voted,F

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    No, Richard, I was not even in the fish off. I was just wondering how everyone's year went overall, personal, team or otherwise.

<Hope I didnt rain on your parade. by the way I voted,F>

No, at least you were honest. :smile2:

Bill in SC

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Actually,I gave it hell all summer till ,I at last just plain gave up. Here on my home lake anyways,It seems everyone was catching channelcats but me ,cause they were on the lake in a boat!!! bank fishing here aint any where near what I remember even 5 yrs ago. unless you are targeting BASS:wink: But I did manage a few cats from the AR river over T-Day and all were released,not enough to make a mess ,so I turned em loose.

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like a rough year, Richard. We caught several fish over 30#, and one 60, finished first in three tourneys and third in two more. Still, there are MANY days when the fish ain't biting and we can't make it happen. Some folks have a gift to make it happen, even in otherwise bad circumstances. These are the A group!! :smile2: We'll get there one day, I suppose. :cool2:

Bill in SC

8. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    I would have to say B...looking for A next year....:wink:

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'll rep anyone with a B or above rating. Be HONEST. Please try to include a brief statement of how you came to decide your rating. Reps already out to j.bridges.

Bill in SC

10. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Good poll Bill. We put some really nice flatheads in the boat but had several big ones get away.

I hope to improve my "in the boat" ratio this season.

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    But did you vote, Paul? I have no way to see. If you voted, folks, if A or B, please put what you voted in a thread so you can receive your reps. If I don't rep you right away, it's because I am out of reps at that time, but they will come.

Bill in SC

12. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Yeah, I voted myself a "c".

I did'nt think I deserved a "B".

Does that mean I don't get any reps? :embarassed:

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Your honesty is commendable, Paul! Certainly you will still get reps from me with all your good posts!!

Bill in SC

14. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    well Bill here it goes...I got a brand new boat this year and have all ready put over a hundred hours on it.....only been skunked three times all year and went to 10 major tournys drawing a check in 8 of them...as far as size of fish this year it could have been better...biggest this year was a 65 but had a couple of 60 and several 55 to 59...btw thanks for the reps:wink:

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I gave My self a C- I was able to fish more this year than i have in yrs now I didn,t catch no Cat over 5 lbs but I did catch a good Stripper a 17 lb gar and a real large bowfin Most inportant of all I HAD A HECK OF A TIME I am aiming for a 20 plus cat in 09

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    WELL done, Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right near A status in my book!!!! Your reps were well deserved!

<Most inportant of all I HAD A HECK OF A TIME I am aiming for a 20 plus cat in 09>

And you WILL get him, Pastor! Yes, the "heck of a time" factor is most important! :cool2: The bowfins are worthy fish to pull, especially the big uns'. Plumb ornery, they are!

Bill in SC

BB in SC

17. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well Bill....I gave myself an " A "...this was my year to shine in the catfishing community. I set 3 Personal bests this year.

P.B.---Bluecat =47.9 lbs....Caught on 20# mono
    P.B.---Flathead=43.1 lbs....Caught on 20# Mono
    P.B.---Flathead=67.2 Lbs...Caught on 20# Mono

All fish caught from the bank.:wink:

18. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I gave me and mine a B. As far as tounements go we fished 4 and came in first, second, second, second. Not bad for us. And I've really enjoyed fishing all year long. We didn't take any of it too serious this year and had more fun.

19. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I'm gonna give my self a B.....not because I caught a bunch of bigguns this year or anything like that, actually i had plenty of skunkins. This year was really good for me cause I fished alot of different waters this year and met a ton of BOC brothers. From fishing up on the cumberland river at the cumberland fish 'n camp, the georgia gathering down on the altamaha, fishing santee a few times with the roundhill, and to the great big peedee fishing with the fine Bill be chiefin and Rivercats james. Not to mention a trip up to the mighty tennessee river fishin with bumper and bradley G. Also earlier this summer I put me together a lil 14' flatbottom catboat which gets me around my lake pretty good.....Was a pretty good year looking back, and none of it would've been possible without the BOC....

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Remarkable accomplishments considering the circumstances, John!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!

GREAT fishin' Terry and bass massey!!

Y'all are officially repped!! :smile2:

BB in SC