Poll: Possible 2007 NE Gathering Locations

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by suddawg, Jul 29, 2006.

Possible 2007 NE Gathering Locations

1. Branched Oak SRA

2. Burchard Lake

3. Pawnee Lake SRA

4. Wagon Train Lake SRA

5. Lake Maloney SRA

6. Lewis & Clark Lake SRA

7. Willow Creek SRA

8. Harlan Co. Reservoir

9. Johnson Lake SRA

10. Merritt Reservoir SRA

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Ok everyone. I decided to make this easier to track. We've got a lot of time until next year, but I would really like to start working on it. So I've made a poll of 10 areas that I think would be good spots for a gathering (sorry 10 is the max the BOC will allow). So here is some info about each area. I would love to meet everyone that's a proud member of the BOC, and as I stated before it's open to everyone on the BOC.

Thanks
    SudDawg

Branched Oak Lake SRA , Lancaster County, 1/2E & 4N of Malcolm
    1800 acres
    Bluegill, carp, blue, channel & flathead catfish, crappie, largemouth bass, wiper, walleye, white perch
    Modern & primitive camping, 5 mph boating (no wake) 750 ft. from dam & 600 ft. from all shorelines, several boat ramps available, wheelchair accessible fishing pier

Burchard Lake Pawnee County, 3E & 1/2N of Burchard
    150 Acres
    Bluegill, bullhead, channel catfish, crappie, largemouth bass, walleye, yellow perch
    Boating limited to 5 mph; boat ramp, primitive camping

Pawnee Lake SRA, Lancaster County, 2N & 1 1/2W of Emerald
    740 Acres
    Carp, channel & flathead catfish, crappie, drum, largemouth & white bass, Sauger, walleye
    Modern and primitive camping, all boats allowed, several boat ramps

Wagon Train Lake SRA, Lancaster County, 2E of Hickman
    315 Acres
    Bluegill, channel catfish, largemouth bass, walleye, Muskie
    Primitive and modern camping, boats limited to 5 mph, boat ramp, rehabilitation in 2001, wheelchair accessible fishing pier

Lake Maloney SRA, Lincoln County, 6S of North Platte
    1600 Acres
    Channel & flathead catfish, carp, crappie, bluegill, drum, walleye, white bass, wiper
    Primitive camping, all boats allowed, wheelchair accessible fishing pier on inlet

Lewis & Clark Lake SRA, Knox County, 7N & 4W of Crofton
    30000 Acres
    Carp, channel catfish, crappie, drum, sauger, walleye, white bass, smallmouth bass
    Modern and primitive camping, all boats allowed, two boat ramps, fish cleaning station

Willow Creek SRA, Pierce County, 2SW of Pierce
    700 Acres
    Bluegill, bullhead, channel catfish, crappie, largemouth bass, pike, tiger muskie, walleye, sauger, wipers
    Wheelchair accessible fishing pier, boats limited to 5mph (no wake) on west half of lake

Harlan Co. Reservoir, Harlan County, South of Alma and Republican City
    13500 Acres
    Channel & flathead catfish, crappie, pike, walleye, white bass, wiper
    Modern and primitive camping, all boats allowed, summer drawdown

Johnson Lake SRA, Gosper County, 7S of Lexington
    2800 Acres
    Channel & flathead catfish, crappie, drum, walleye, sauger, white bass, wiper
    Primitive and modern camping, all boats allowed, 2 wheelchair accessible fishing piers at inlet

Merritt Reservoir SRA, Cherry County, 26SW of Valentine
    2900 Acres
    Bluegill, yellow perch, bullheads, channel catfish, crappie, largemouth & smallmouth bass, muskie, pike, walleye, white bass, yellow perch, carp
    Camping available, all boats allowed

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I don't think we'll see a National gathering in our part of the world. The majority of the membership seems to be primarily east of the Mississippi and that's where the gatherings should and will be conducted. I know, leaves us in TX, OK, KS out also.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Suddawg: I use to live in NorthPlatte NE.So I'm familiar with Lake Maloney,however I'd personally like to see as close to the 4 corners of Missouri Iowa and Nebraska if that is possible. With the price of gas,it would be easier on me.Thank you,BOC Sister-------Pat Powell:smile2:

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Some good choices, Like PK said closer to MO, IA, KS, and Nebraska would probaly be best.

Aaron

TA2D

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I agree, but just to be fair I put 10 reservoirs/lakes that are all over the state. I believe most of the Nebraska BOC membership is congregated on the East side of the state, with the exception of a few in the middle of the state. Branched Oak is just a little over an hour north of Auburn, so that was my choice.

SudDawg

6. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Myself and TA2D were just talking and wanted to see if anyone in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri area wanted to have a small BOC gathering. Nothing on the scale of the National Gathering, but a nice gathering to put some faces on the great local people that belong to the BOC. That's why I'm trying to work on it early.

SudDawg

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Shane I would Love to Go as long as I can get the time off work, which shoulden't be a problem if I have a little notice as to make plans. Now I voted for merrit Resivor just because It happens to hold the best Channel cat fishing in the mid west. There are #20 pound plus channels in that place I know for a fact Cause I have landed a fue. It also has super nice camp grounds and also cabins to rent. now on the down side man its out in the middle of NO Where. It might be to far for some Brothers and sisters. It really dosen't make much differance to Me I would like to meet some of the members and chew the fat and have a good time. So I'm game for any place the majority chooses. And by the way I think i'ts a Great Idea. Your Friend J.D.Straka :big_smile:

8. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Thanks for voting. I would love to hit up Merritt due to it's abundance of large Channels, and some walleye. I think you're right about being a little to far for most of the members to drive. But we'll see. Like I said this is just to get an idea what everyone is thinking. It wouldn't be until next year, so we got some time to plan everything out and get it organized.

Thanks
    Shane

9. strohcephus

strohcephus New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Great idea fellas! I would LOVE to have the gathering out west here, but that is not practical. I voted for Branched Oak, however I have never been there.

I am all for a gathering and would do what it takes to be there, I would think Branched Oak makes the most sense, perhaps you guys out east could set up the camping, etc. out there so if this happens, we just show up and you guys point us in the right direction..

I will be willing to help in whatever capacity you need to make this happen.

Larry

10. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Great, thanks Strohcephus. Branched Oak is a great lake with a primitive and modern camp grounds. Sounds like a good idea, I know myself and TA2D are ready to start organizing it, we just want to make sure everyone is cool with having us plan a possible gathering and at what location. Wanted to make sure everyone get's a say. Thanks

SudDawg

11. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    iv been going to wagontrain all my life. they have a really good catfishing and bass fishing. my two favorite fish to fish.

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    all i ask is that someone lets me know when it is! i dont care where it is as long as i know where and when, lol.

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nebraska....? Don't you have to import all your water...?:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I can't be stupid, I completed third grade.

14. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Ok, I have fished all but three of these lakes you have chosen, and I gotta tell you, these are all fine choices. Make sure you tell all these good people to bring their pole holders, cause unless you plan on holding on to your fishing pole the whole time, you really need to watch out. I have always had very good results at all of the seven out of 10 you have listed. Just let me know when and where, and I'll be there!

15. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Hey what can I say......Times are rough! :big_smile:

SudDawg

16. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    burchard lake does have blue catfish in it and i think theres a few flathead in it also, a guy my grandpa works with nightfishes burchard all the time and recently he caught a 55 pound blue and a 25 pound flat out of there.

17. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I went out to Merritt last June, and even though I got skunked, that is one beautiful place! No cell phone towers, no telephone poles, just a big beautiful lake, a few cabins, lots of wildlife, and awesome sunsets! Next time I get out there, I'm going to rent a boat and go find them cats!

18. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    Well, if you plan it right, the thing about Branched Oak is that there are huge flatties in there that can be caught.

19. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I guess I have some questions........

1. When? Month, date, etc.....
    2. Campsites available?
    3. Costs involved?
    4. Any BOC staff officials attending?
    5. When do we decide on which lake?
    6. Is it time yet?

Kenny

20. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    There is going to be a gathering at Truman Lake May 18th 19th 20th of 2007. Everybody is welcome to come. there is already a thread started about this gathering.

Never fished much in Nebraska, so i don't know what lakes are good for what.