Poll: Popcorn Preferences

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Feb 8, 2008.

What is your popcorn preference?

1. air-popped

2. microwave

3. old-fashioned oil popped

4. purchased pre-popped

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Okay people, this is gonna be my first attempt at a poll. 'Bout time after almost two years here :smile2:.

I purchased some pre-popped popcorn the other day on discount markdown. Now every few years I might eat a handful of some type pre-popped flavored popcorn, like the kind that comes in a can at Christmas. Other than that, once every so often I'll make some microwave Healthy Pop or somethin' along those lines.

Anyhow, this particular pre-popped corn is very good. Don't know if anybody else has tried it......I bought three kinds. They all say Popcorn, Indiana all natural Kettlecorn Popcorn. The flavors are smoked cheddar cheese, summer picnic BBQ, and plain. Haven't tried the plain yet. The other two have a very mild sweetness (less than most kettlecorn I've tried); the cheese is kinda tangy and creamy, and the BBQ is a l'il smoky and spicy.

After you vote for your popcorn preference in the poll, please make a post elaborating on your choice. Do you prefer it plain, buttered, with seasonings/flavors added? If you like microwave corn, which brand is best? What would be the beverage you'd choose to accompany it?

Remember how fun it used to be to watch the Jiffy Pop poof? Or get the special colored kernel kind as a treat?

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I like the pop in the micro-wave kind. ..Orville redenbacher... Please.. butter flavored.:smile2:

3. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Cousin Willies microwave extra butter popcorn for me.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    MIROWAVE WORKS FOR ME

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    You missed Kettle Corn yummmmmy

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    If I can keep from burning it up, I stick with the microwave type.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Kettlecorn comes three of those ways Gary. Like I said, I bought some purchased pre-popped kettlecorn recently. Kettlecorn also comes in microwave and old-fashioned regular popping. So I didn't miss it, that was supposed to be your elaboration part. Thank you! :cool2:

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I meant real kettle corn not the made up junk like your talking about :big_smile:, you cant nuke kettle corn the same as doing it the old fashion way.

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hmmm.....I chose the option to display the names of folks voting, but they aren't there. I assume you voted for old-fashioned oil popped then - just adding some sugar before popping to turn it into kettlecorn.

I'm not a big fan of sweet popcorn normally; no matter which way you make it. I have one of these:

http://www.popcornpopper.com/24000.html

It came with packages of unpopped regular and kettlecorn with premeasured sugar already added. The oil you had to measure and add yourself.

Since then when I've used it, I've just made old-fashioned plain popcorn; buy a bag of kernels, add some oil, and that's all ya need.

10. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like my popcorn health, you know popped with OLEO, salted, with butter dripping off my hands.Back in the day my mom would make a brekfast out of the pop corn that didnt pop. It was really good at the time but when I think about now dosent sound so good. smokey

11. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I usually get the microwave type for home but love going to the movie theatre for their popcorn, always with extra butter and salt.
    I used to have to have my Dr. Pepper with it but I had to quit drinking them. Now I drink water mostly.

:wink:

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I get a microwave popcorn fron BPS thats habanero. This stuff is good.

www.asskickin.com

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Microwave! I guess I'm just lazy lol. BUT...I did purchase some double chocolate/caramel crunch from one of my nephew's charities, and man was that Goooood!!!

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like mine the old fashioned way ,Tanya. Its gotta have real butter on it ,and for seasoning ,Try this Garlic powder and ground red pepper. Good with a cold brewsy.:wink:

15. ShannonLane4

ShannonLane4 Member

State:
    TN
    microwave is just easier but like the taste of the oil popped:smile2:

16. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I have a microwave popcorn popper. I don't like the bags. The popper that I have you put 1/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup popcorn in it and then when it's done I add Greek seasoning to it.
    Thats my microwave popcorn.

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I can count on my hands how many times i've been to a movie but that popcorn is pretty good the best I can remember:smile2:.

For covenience I eat microwave popcorn. I keep the candy machine full at work and the best seller and the one I like is Butter Lovers.

Second Favorite would be Kettle Corn.

I can't eat either one of those very often so I eat the light microwave popcorn most of the time.

18. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    mine is oil popped, lotta real butter, garlic salt and pour some red devil cayenne pepper sauce on it and mix it up. :big_smile: :cool2: i drink cheap generic diet cola.

19. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Guess what i'm eating now:smile2:, thanks Tanya:roll_eyes:.

20. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I remember as a kid all of us taking turns shaking that pot like mad back and forth over the burner popping popcorn. Memories!:big_smile:

Then the Jiffy Pop was pretty cool when it came out!:big_smile:

Popping it in the microwave and hitting the 'popcorn' button is sooooo lame.:roll_eyes: Thats all todays kids will remember, EASY POPCORN, INSTANT GRATIFICATION, NO WORK REQUIRED FOR THE REWARD!:confused2: boring, boring, boring!