Poll for Me & Crab's Trout outing.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Feb 24, 2008.

Who will catch the most trout?

1. Crab

2. Catfishjohn

3. Big El Skunko

4. John won't catch any Trout but will catch some Channels.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Who do you all think will catch the most? I'll also have a pole out for Channels. I'm betting on Beginner Lake Luck to get me through...:wink::smile2:
    BTW, I'll be using frozen skippies for the Channels.
    We should be back by 1 at the latest, depending on how the bite is...LOL!

2. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I voted for me!:wink::big_smile:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I predict you'll get more trout but I'll get more channels since you're not fishing for them.....:wink::smile2:
    Who knows, I may burn you up both ways.....:smile2:...Its happened before with cats!:tounge_out:
    I am pretty new to Trout fishing, only my second trip out.:crazy:

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I voted for the both of you !!!! I know that was not one of the option's but i hope you BOTH catch your limit! good fishing' guy's

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I chose crab..........well just because :big_smile:

6. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    well guys we got our limit! they will be picks up shortly. I dont want to brag but yep I smoked him :big_smile::wink: sorry John I had to tell em. Im not sure how many I caught but it was a few:wink: Thanks Ryang for giving me the vote lol. Ill let John tell the rest of the story!:wink::big_smile:

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    We had a Great day this morning. Crab beat me bad but I did manage my PB Rainbow Trout and one more and a nice bait bluegill also....:smile2:
    We limited out at 9 (3 allowed per person) and threw a bunch back and lost several.....:wink::smile2:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...outTrip014.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t.../untitled2.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...outTrip005.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...outTrip008.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t.../untitled1.jpg

8. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    way to go guys good to see you out and fishing

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Way 2 go guys, looks like a good meal there.
    John, did you get any channels ?
    Heres some pics of the giant rainbows in Colorado that my wife and daughter like to go feed when we are there.

100_2737.jpg

100_2736.jpg

100_2742.jpg
    These were takin last year in Lyons Colorado, you can't catch these but they will let you feed them. I think the biggest one I seen out there was about 18 to 20 lbs.

10. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congratulations on a good mornin' of fishin' gentlemen. Trout season doesn't open in GA for another month or so, but I hope to go get my limit of 8 one day soon after that. Too big a crowd here on the opening Sat. and all the stocked holes are covered up, but trout sure are tasty :big_smile:.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

No Channels not even a bite. We fished in the small pond right by the Big Lake. The Channels just weren't hungry or they didn't like my re-frozen skippies.
    Those Trout sure look good in the fridge. I cut the heads off and gutted them and then rinsed them real good. Gonna soak them in salt water till tomorrow and then freeze a few and may have fresh Trout for dinner tomorrow...:wink:...BTW, I froze the heads for cat bait in the Ohio River later...:wink::big_smile:
    The Trout were biting Great!!! We had our limit in less than 2 hours and threw several back.

Nice pics you got there also. Was that your Daughter in the one? She looks like a future catwoman...LOL!

Also, my avatar is my new PB Trout. Not too big but only my second Trout trip. I'm proud of it!!! LOL!

12. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Sorry to hear no channels biting.
    Yes that is my daughter in the pic, she loves fishing as much as I do. I wouldn't doubt she becomes one heck of a fisherwoman when she gets older.
    She is only 3 but she sure is smart. :big_smile:

Congrats on the new PB trout.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I didn't figure the Channels would be biting but oh well.
    She's a cutie and with you as her Dad I have no doubt she'll grow up to be a catwoman!!!:wink::big_smile:
    Thanks for the congrats, I'm happy!!!:cool2::big_smile:

14. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey John where did you go fishing at nice looking lake ?? :eek:oooh:

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    It is a private lake & pond, gotta have a membership to get in...Not a pay pond either!!!
    The pond we fished in was right beside of the Big Lake. They stocked the Trout and a few Channels in the pond. We plan on going back and catfishing in the big lake soon.

16. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Its a Pay-Pond if you have to pay..LMAO OMG he is at it again, he can't help himself, just wont stop its like smoking you just can't do it..LMAO :crazy:

Stocked: and you got to pay for a membership: Dictionary = PAY - POND that's what it is called..LMAO then you try and point us in another direction..John its OK buddy, we just caught you again..LMAO :eek:oooh::smile2:

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    If you pay for a membership, you are paying to fish! It was a pond or lake which makes it a:

Pay ..Pond

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

First of all you don't have to pay for membership. The people that live on the property have passes to fish there. They stock it for the people that live on the property. There is no $$$ involved unless you buy a piece of property there. Its private owned,,,NOT A PAY POND!!!!!
    Get off my case, don't you have some mod work to do...:crazy::tounge_out:

ITS NOT A FRIGGING PAY POND DANGIT!!!!! Its just Private Owned Property!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I paid to fish it, it would be a pay pond.....Lay Off,,,I was having a good day...LOL!

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Did Crab drag you back into this or was it the other way around!!!
    It is a private lake & pond, gotta have a membership to get in