Poll: "BIG" blue catfish caught mostly at night or day?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by tuscan toadfish, Dec 9, 2009.

1. tuscan toadfish

tuscan toadfish Member

State:
    Matthews,
    For people fishing both nights and days, do you catch most of your BIG blues at night or day? If replying, specify: early day, midday, late day, early night, midnight, or late night. Thanks!

• Winter: daytime best
    • Winter: nights are best
    • Summer: daytime is best
    • Summer: nights are best
    • No difference - they are the same

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I really don't think it makes any difference with the blues day or nite whether it's summer or winter.

My biggest though came at night in the winter. Almost a year to the day.

3. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Over the Summer (Jun-Aug) I caught blues up to 20LBs in the daytime all day from 7am-5pm. I caught my bigger blues in the 20LBs+ range late at night between 9pm-2am

Since its been Fall/Winter (Sep-Dec) I have caught blues from 1LB-50LB+
    all day from 7am-6pm. Last night was the first time I fished night time since October and I got one fish between 6pm-8pm and it was 49LBs

4. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    i been wondering the same thing. I have been fishing day since it got cold but was thinking about heading back out for some all nighters. this is my fish year fishing for cats in the winter so it a big learning curve. at this point i would just be happy to get action. little fish are welcome. i have only caught one fish in the last 7 trips. i don't have any in put here but would appreciate others opinions. thanks