Police scanners

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Aug 10, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thinking about getting a police scanner..I have the radio shack pro 2055 in mind..I know nothing about them..Any input would be helpfull:smile2:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Jack,

I have a scanner, "With Trunk Capability", I used to use years ago while in alaska. It was fun to listen to, and mine was before the Chip Ban, so it would pick up almost everything, etc.

I never did hear the call I wanted, "The 500,000 Drug Money Deposit is hidden at.......................".

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I haave the Radio Shack Bear scanner,had it for years.They get interesting sometimes. Think you'll enjoy it.

4. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    my mom stays glued to her scanner....much to my dad's dislike....lol

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Jack, I know what your waiting to hear on that scanner,

"Sasquatch sited on Scioto river eating slim jims and possibly armed and dangerous"

then youll know Mellon is fishing your favorite spot without you.........:lol:

Salmonid

6. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I want one aswell, I need a cheap one for my Tracker. I think I will go down to the store a check some out.

7. I recommend these scanners because I have one in my jeep and one handheld, both uniden. I like em and never had problems with either. Here is the website with your choices of scanners that they make. If you want a quality scanner that you know will last these would be it.

http://www.uniden.com/products/index.cfm?cat=scanners

8. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I think my daad likes his scanner more then he does his t.v.

9. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I have a handheld scanner. It comes with all the frequencies you can program into it. It gets about 15 miles. I was at my house listning to it, and a call came in from the state troopers saying something about a fight on Hogback island, which is the Mississippi's party cove lol. It's about 15 miles from my house. I also have the marine frequencies and listen to the barges, and lock and dam workers.

10. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I have an old radio shack 2055?? maybe 2035, im not sure its atleast 12 years old. It has 200 channels. Used to be able to listen to cell/car phone conversations in the 800mhz range but i think the technology was unsecure and done away with. Still have it on my desk, but our city police use some type of trunking system, and you have to constantly change channels in the right order to hear whats going on. I like listening to air traffic control since i live by the airport, even though i dont know half the crap they are saying. Also, I used to pick up alot of HAM radios but i guess there arent as many people into it anymore. Then you can pick up alot of companies and their 2way radios, its crazy how much stuff is out there in the air to pick up and listen to. I still have notebooks from when i first got the thing, i would just be sitting there and write down frequencies I would find. After i found something id listen for awhile and try to figure out who or what it was. I got a computer and started BBS'ing around that age and started losing interest. Do you guys use external antennas? I want to put one on the side of the house but dont really know what I should get.