Policansky reel repairs-help needed

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by johnr, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnr

johnr New Member

State:
    nc
    Ok this is not a Polish joke I need a Policansky Monitor 4B reel drag replaced/repaired and cannot find anyone or anyplace to do it. Any help?
    johnrsleboda@hotmail.com

Thanks

2. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Sorry john i cant help yea with that one but im sure some one can. An welcom to the BOC.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Boy that is gonna be a tough one here, I'm not sure you can find parts in America for one unless you find another reel to rob from....going to have to go across the pond, I know of a fella that had to get a pawl for one and he went direct to them and they sent him 2 for free.... my guess would be to Try contacting http://www.sharnbrooktackle.com/ .... or try ordering direct from Policansky them selves! (South Africa) or (maybe find a branch in Australia) That's a pretty high tuned reel for inshore fishing......

Any chance of replacing the drag with another brand just getting the measurements???

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    My buddy recently managed to find a door hinge for a cast iron stove his ancestors brought over from Sweden. My point being that with the internet, there is now hardly anything you can't get parts for if they exist anywhere on the planet.
    Go for it...W

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    There is a wizard out in SOCAL named Alan Tani who can do it, if it can be done.

He cuts down Penn HT100 drag washers to make 'em fit just about everything.

He has his own website...you know what to do.:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.