Pole set up?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Bigballer, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Bigballer

Bigballer New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey guy's was wondering something and wanted everyones opinoin on something. When fishing a set up like the one in this pic (if the pic works). How do you guy's distance your bait. Do you throw the inside ones the farthest or the shortest? Or do you throw them all the same distance? Just wondering.
    Thanks
    BB

Attached Files:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    The center ones out the longer distance.

3. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    on my buddys boat we hae kinda the same set up and for the shorter one,s we have pole holders on the side of the boat and usually run our shorter poles there too. and the weights you use will have an effect on it too. our side poles we use a lil more weight to hold them in place. hope this helps . i aso seen your line i found out it makes a huge difference if your using braided line . me and him got away from mono and i love it . it,s a lil more costly but we get better hook sets and on my bait casters almost no birds nest when i cast anymore. i did rerig my weights to a plastic slider to not frey the line. ok god bless keep a line wet

4. Bigballer

Bigballer New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well this isn't my set up actually just what I am going for. Actually stole this pic from a guy on here from indiana. Can't think of his name off the top of my head though. So he gets credit for the set up. And as far as line goes I just paid $75 for a 3# spool of mono so don't think I will be switching to soon.. :) Thanks for the info guy's. :)
    BB

5. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    On my SeaArk, I have a bar across the back with 4 Duo Pro Driftmasters 1/2". I also have 5 Driftmasters on each side, so I don't use 6 across the back, as my back rod holder on each side acts as a corner to the back 4 holders.
    As far as my set up, I set the outside rods (#1&#4) the farthest, with the middle (#2,#3) being set shorter.
    I do though stagger the middle.
    If I set the outside rods 40 yards out, then I might set #2 about 20 yards out, and #3 about 28-30 feet out.
    I hope this helps.
    On the Arkansas river, we might have 20,000cfs one day, but after big rains, we might get 60,000-100,000cfs, so this does play into how I set rods. With tons of current, you sure can't set too many rods, unless you have sinkers that will hold the outside rods, or they will all be directly behind the outboard in a straight line.....................big mess.