pole holder idea

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by kyleco55, Apr 25, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    got bored today sittin in the shop waiting on dad to bring me the parts i needed to fix the new car.. found some rebar and steel tubing.. threw these together in about 25 mins, hope they work..

rebar is 5/8" bout 20" long... tubing is 2" diameter 1/8" wall thickness, about 3 inches long

only thing i got left to do is spray paint them bright orange so i dont trip over them in the dark..

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Some good ideas are born from boredom. LOL! COOL!

3. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    THATS THE WAY TO USE YOUR NOODLE:smile2:

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Humm.. I need to take some measurements and have you make some for my boat.. LOL:wink:

5. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    all you need to do now is add some fins on the bottom to keep them from turning. I have made some just like that and when i put the rod in it, it spun in the ground like a wind vane. Other than that your ready to go.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looking good Kyle. Like Danny suggested add the fin at the bottom to keep it in place. WTG and thanks for sharing.

7. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You could try welding them to angle iron instead of re-bar, that ought to keep them from spinning. Buff 'em out on the wire wheel and add a coat of primer and you'll be set.

8. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    looks good maybe add a little more re bar like a shepherd's hook has on bottom to step in and hold I--i

9. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    well i tried em out tonight, caught a 6 lb channel, and a turtle, and they didnt move at all.. ill definately be making some more... might modify it a bit.. not sure.. they seem to be working ok the way they are..

give me a torch, welder, and some scrap steel, and you never know what ill come up with:smile2::smile2:

10. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I'm thinking of another type of holder where I can lay the poles flat on the ground to keep the wind from moving the pole & line so much. It'll help to detect fish bites better. I'll post something after I work on 2 ideals.:wink:

11. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    or you could upgrade to abu garcia with the baitclickers they work real well

12. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah that would work.. Just when you get snagged whatch out for your noroll sinkers... LOL.. I got blasted in the head by a 2oz. tonight.. OUCH!:confused2:

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    2 o in the head, ouch man!

good idea you had,Kyle!

those work good,i have a set. my cousin was "bored" at work and made me some. you get those in the ground far enough and they would hold with reel engaged!

14. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Little did shane know I was snickering under my breath HOWS IT FEEL TO BE THE ONE GETTING HUNG UP LOLOLOLOLOLOL:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I feel your pain man. Did the once while fishing shallow for carp. I was dizzy for about 2 minutes. :smile2:

Kyle, I don't know if you seen River Monsters last night but you should make some rod holders like he had, those were nice. :eek:oooh:

16. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    you talkin bout the show on animal planet or whatever?? nah i didnt catch it.. give me an idea what they looked like?? and dont think i wont try it:smile2:

im like a kid in a candy store when it comes to torching and welding..

17. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Here are 2 photos of a rod holder that are wind resistance. I've not tried it out yet but I will before Rocky Point. I used a 2x4x39", (3) tool holders & (2) 10" spikes. The project is self explanatory.

Attached Files:

18. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    looks good david.. hope they work out for you pretty well.. sorry i didnt make it to the phoe when you called, we was sitting down for dinner..

19. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have some that I made with aluminum angle iron and PVC that work really well. They're very lightweight and I can store and carry them in an old folding camping chair bag. You could fit probably 4 in the bag- I have 3 of the pole holders and a small folding tri-legged stool in the bag.

Attached Files:

20. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    those look cool ben.. what software did you use to draw that?? ive been using A9CAD and google sketchup alot lately... but i like the looks of that..:wink: