Pole for NON-SMOKERS

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Aug 12, 2009.

Do you mind when someone barrows your car/truck and they smooke in it?

1. YES

2. NO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Is it just me or does it really annoy you when ever you lend someone your vehicle and it comes back smelling like cigarette smoke. i lent my mother my truck for the week and i went out to it today and for the last 3 days she has been smoking in my truck. Damn that pisses me off.....

2. Gills4Flats

Gills4Flats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Not as much as hearing a grown man Whine :smile2:

I smoke, but try to be respectful... and I do not mind at All if people hold their breath while I exercise my right.

3. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    i didint vote cause im a smoker but ..... i hate it when i let my brother use my tahoe for the weekend it comes back smelling like the other smoke......:eek:oooh:

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm a smoker.....but I respect others wishes not to smoke or inhale my second hand smoke. Also....no one borrows any of my vehicles, ever!:crazy:

5. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    thats your best bet:cool2:

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Really doesnt bother me all that much.. hence ive been around it thru the growin up years..:cool2:

7. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I hate the smell of smoke. I don't allow smoking in my house or vehicle. And it does piss me off when people borrow it and smoke in it. I can only imagine what my truck is going to look like after a year of me not being there. Well it was only driven for 6 months. Then stored for 6. It better not smell like smoke.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Nope, I have bigger problems in my life than the smell of cigarette smoke. It is just too small of a problem to worry about. Oh, yeah, I'm a non-smoker too.

9. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I got several good friends that smoke, and we have an agreement. They don't smoke in my truck because I don't want the smell in my seats, and I don't chew when I'm in their vehicle to avoid a spilled spit cup/bottle. It happens. Fair trade. When you're in someone's vehicle it's polite to ask before hand, and if they mind, end of argument. Life goes on, not a big deal. If your nicotine cravings are so bad that you can't wait until you get where you're going then you have problems.

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I do not loan them out to anyone that smokes. Shoot I did not smoke in someones car when I smoked.
    Also if you ride with me, I will pull over to let you out to smoke. But in the last 6 years not even my mother when she was alive smoked in my my truck.
    Pete

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    There aren't many in this world I would lend my truck to in the first place except perhaps in a real emergergency and those I would lend it to know better than to light up.....
    But, I also tend to think that like Awshucks, if the smell of cigarette smoke was my biggest worry then life would be pretty damn easy...W

12. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    The issue is respect. If a smoker borrowed a vehicle from a non-smoker, it show a lack of respect for the person they borrowed it from. As a former smoker I absolutely hate the smell of stale tobacco. I have smoker friends and children, but they have enough respect to not even ask to smoke in my truck. In fact, my son and his wife, who both smoke do not even smoke in their own car or house, out of respect for their children.

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was going to say about the same thing but you beat me to it... Ron, I fully agree with you!

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    To do or not to do, that is the question.

Smoked since I was 13. Am now 64 years old. But that is neither here nor there. Remember when everybody smoked and it was the thing to do. Now everybody has an erection when someone smokes two miles away from them. Times change, gov'ts change, people die like everything else.

Don't care whether someone smokes in my truck or not. When they stub the butt out on the dash it tends to rile me a little. In fact, smokers can use my truck any day, maybe they will wreck the piece of junk I drive when lighting up and I can upgrade from the insurance. In fact where I live I'd just as soon smell smoke than a hog confinement pit, or a cattle feedlot lagoon or the soybean processing plant here locally.

In fact I drive around routinely with two dogs in the front seat. The smell of cigarette smoke, stale or fresh, is a lot better than the stink of my dogs after they have rolled in a dead carp.

In fact if I actually have a friend I would loan my truck to what he does shouldn't make any difference since he conceivably has got my back should things get tough. If you loan a truck to somebody and he ain't your friend you got no business loaning the truck to him.

15. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i do not smoke plus i do not loan out my truck to anyone but if i did i hope they would resect that i am not a non smoker--i think thing that would piss me off the most is if they would put there cig butt in my ash tray

16. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I smoke but if I come to your home I leave them at the truck. But if you ride, fly or fish with me or come to my home if you don't like the smell of smoke you are welcome to get out or leave. If you ask me to put it out on my property you will definantly leave( been there)

17. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i'm not a smoker but it doesn't bother me too bad as long as its just cigarettes

18. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm a smoker, but I still voted Yes. Unless the owner of the vehicle regularly smokes in it himself, my doing so is absolutely out of the question. I wouldn't even ask.

19. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've never smoked and I don't allow it in my home or vehicles. I don't want to eat in restaurants that allows smoking. It was banned in restaurants, in Illinois, last year.

20. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Happens to me all the time at work. My truck would get used when I was'nt there or away on vacation and someone would smole in it. It rakes at least a week to air out before I can even ride in it again. I guess people who smoke either don't care or are not aware of the stench the leave behind. All I got to say it if you smoke be mindeful of those who don't