Polarkraft boats - are they good or bad?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Bream baiter, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm thinking about buying a new aluminum Polarkraft deep v boat. Just wondering what you might have heard about them. I have been looking at the Kodiak 168 SC. They seem to use high quality material. For example, they use 20 oz. carpet instead of 16 oz. and 6 guage wire instead of 8 gauge.

2. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Polarkraft is an excellent company and they build a very high quality boat. The Kodiak is an absolute dream to fish out of. Tons of space, excellent storage. They ride and handle exceptionally well. You will love it.

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a polarkraft model MV1850HF It is a great boat, lifetime warrenty

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You can't go wrong with a PolarKraft. I had one for a long time and loved it. They're probably even better now that they are part of Godfrey.

5. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt New Member

State:
    mississippi
    By looking at their site they appear to be made well. I noticed the jon-boats are .72 thickness. Most are .100. I couldn't find any prices but I did notice one dealer about 35 miles away. I may just give him a look-see one of these days. Good Luck.

6. ronnycl

ronnycl Member

State:
    NW/MS
    I have to say their customer service is excellent. I had a problem with the paint peeling on a bench seat of a 1648 duck boat and they repainted the entire boat no cost...no hassle..excellent boat for the money.

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Do you really want to fish in a carpeted boat? With catfish slime and shad guts all over the place?

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I bought a 1988 Polar Kraft jon last year 16 foot extra wide and deep, and have had no trouble whatsoever. Boat performs well and no leaks. This is the 2nd Polarkraft I've owned. good boats.
    Later Andy

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee

sorry my boat is a 1885 not 1850

10. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Mr. T, I can always put a mat down on the floor. I always empty my cast net into a shallow rubbermaid container to cull what I catch before putting bait in the tank. I have a 5 year old girl who I'm sure will want to go tubing or skiing when she gets a little older so I want to consider that when choosing a boat. She wants me to take her fishing when I get the new boat.

11. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I don't like the round bar running around the boat rails.Too hard to mount rod holders.We fished the 2005 king kat tournament at Santee Cooper,they gave 1 away to first place.I also personally don't like carpet in my boats either.

12. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    As i've said before, the Kodiak is an awesome boat. It is not a jon boat or basic aluminum fishing boat. We are talking a boat that rivals upper level Lunds and Crestliners (and IMO is nicer than those). I assume that since Bream baiter is looking at this model that he is looking for something with alot of features and comforts, not just a plain jane fishing boat. The Kodiak's are not a cheap boat, but you will get a little more for your money than you will buying a Ranger or Lund.