Polar Plunge!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Nov 30, 2008.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    My buddy has his 7th anual polar plunge party on Saturday December 20th between 2-4pm.
    Every year it's been getting bigger, it started with a couple of guys sober I'm sure taking a dive into the pond on the first day of winter. Each year more and more level headed adults have been participating. Last year was my first jump and I loved it. Usualy I'm the official photographer.
    Last year they did a little article in the Chester gazette and it has become a tribute to friend who passed away several years ago. With the article in the paper we had a few more people jump last year.
    The main thing is if you are in the Chester area it is a great day and it's only for a couple of hours. There is always lots to eat (burgers, chili, snacks and stuff), this year we are all going to try to bring a little something for all to share.
    It is a great time, come watch or jump. Cheering is a lot warmer than jumping but not as fun.:roll_eyes:
    If you are interested pm me?

Attached Files:

2. riverhobo85

riverhobo85 New Member

State:
    VA
    we used to do the same thing at camp. sure wakes you up quick.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hell with that rackett!!!! i'm a wimp.:eek:oooh:

4. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tounge_out:

5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Yep, just what he said! :smile2:

6. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I did one of those about 4 years ago out of the boat. LOL had a heck of a time getting back in, sure glad I keep an extra set of warm clothes handy during the winter months.

7. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    The Chester Village News is doing an article on the polar plunge that will come out in the Wed. edition 12/10/08.

If you get a chance take a gander. My 6 year old took the photos for the article and he's proud so is his photograher dad.:smile2:

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I shivered just looking at the pic,not me. I did that once into a pool from the 2nd story balcony, young and dumb .