Polar Kraft

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Sudden, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Sudden

Sudden New Member

State:
    Olive Branch ,Ms
    I picked this one up back in 1991. It had five thick layers of paint on it.. One layer was pink:crazy:. The boat was in a guys front yard out in the middle of nowhere. No trailer nothing, just the boat. The transom was rotten, and the ID tag was hanging. I remember seeing that it was a PolarKraft boat and that it had a model name.. PolarKraft was in my home town of OliveBranch,Ms. So this is how I remember it. A deal was struck and I was to come back with trailer to pick it up. When I got back, he had flipped the boat over in some tall grass. Tag was gone. I looked and looked, no tag.. With the promise of looking again in better light the next day I loaded up and left.. Well, I never got that tag.. There was still something going on at PolarKraft back then, and I just happened to be living across the street, sorta, so one day I called their shop. I talked to an older man that said he remembered building that style of boat. Said it was mid 60s I think..
    The boat is a v hull, has the front deck, seats like a john boat but with brackets on the sides for I guess what would have been the seat backs. Steering wheel had a hub with cables, and a dash for gages. Looks like it once had a windshield.

Now I know I don't have the only or the last one.. Someone, somewhere knows what this is.. I would love to be in on that secret.. Godfrey(polarkraft) marine is either not able, or not willing to help..
    If anyone can help, please do..

Attached Files:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Stan welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Looks like you have found a classic. I have no knowledge of that boat.:0a22::0a25::0a25:

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    A classic for sure. Welcome to the BOC.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome aboard to the BOC Stan. You got yourself an oldie but goodie there. Good luck fixing it up. Gonna have some fun.

5. Sudden

Sudden New Member

State:
    Olive Branch ,Ms
    Thank you guys for the welcome.. I've hit alot of boards with this boat, all with no luck.. At least here, I got a big welcome..