poked some specks today

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by river scum, Mar 10, 2009.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    sun came out and so did i this afternoon. try an ol stand by spot at the mouth of a bay and got lucky. nice eddie and shad markings when i eased up on it, my blood pressure rose a bit im sure. caught some bass gills n crapy in and around the shad school. only had about a 2 hour period till the next front, so i had a hunch they would be on the feed:wink: all fish caught on green twister tail jigs 1/8oz., most in brush, 4ft deep next to the channel.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii171/river_scum/mess3-09.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii171/river_scum/crapyentry-1.jpg

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    It's time and gettin better every warm day we have. Congrats and i bet i know whats for supper.:wink:

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice haul Tim. Gonna hit it myself this weekend, probably gonna be on Turtle Creek Saturday. You comin?

4. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice mess, you'll be eating good tonight.

5. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Those Pics look familiar. Back at you bro. What was the water temp. I river fished an area today that was 45. The crappie came out of my hole looking all yellow. Half hour later they yellow spots turned to black. I never seen this before. Even the ice crappie I have caught didn't do this. The water color was coffee with milk. Maybe that has something to do with it.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    hey dog, im sure they do. lol i didnt have my finder on board today bro., ill try n put it on tomorrow though. the water here was mud pure mud. they came out silver then they got some color in my cooler. if it rains much more here ft wayne will be in trouble. :eek:oooh:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tim thanks for sharing the pics of your catch. WTG.

8. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Nice mess of Crappy you got there, glad to hear you got out. Allen and I are gonna get his boat out of winter hibernation, and get her ready for battle, plan on a trip to Madison friday after next if weather permits.

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    good luck down there and be careful i bet the big muddy is really churning!

10. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice bunch of Specks Timmy. You going to Turtle Creek sat. ?

11. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice haul Cuz, I didnt hear my phone ring though :confused2:

12. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    mike, unfortunately not, looks like you mite have a chance. lmao:roll_eyes: you know i just cant seam to get that tourney bug you have. its all polecat can do to get me in a few bass contests a year.

cuz, you must have slept through the calls, i swear i called ya.:0a10:get ready for the weekend though.

13. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    :crazy:what , man I gotta get my butt in gear !!
    great job TIM , I knew it was getting close , now I realy got the bug:smile2:

14. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice looking haul man, I got out last week a couple days in a row. Hit a farm pond and caught a small bass, and then hit Wildcat creek at Adams Mill and landed a small walleye out of the whitecaps at the base of the dam. I'm really itching for the bronzebacks and the kitties to start coming on strong though.

To you Lafayette guys, I assume everyone has heard the news that Sportsman's is closing? I am seriously bummed about it.:embarassed:

But anyway...Nice Job Tim!

15. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah Ben, I called them yesterday to see what they had in stock for jon boats. The guy told me they were closing. I've never been in but it looks like a nice store. Too bad!

16. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tim, I don't think T really has a cell phone...or he gave you a bad number. He never seems to answer when we call him about meeting us after work to catch cats.