Pocano....TNT coverage

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by STUMPKNOCKER, Jun 11, 2007.

1. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    First of all let me say that was the best race i have seen since, well the last time Gordon won:smile2::big_smile::smile2:, but man Wally has to go he was not a great driver, or nor is he a good announcer, liked Petty good tho, what do yall guys think? and who is that other guy playing Chris Myers....lol?

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I've always liked Wally. He is familiar with today's race cars and how they feel.
    There is no such thing as not a great driver in Cup.
    Just pay the 99 bucks at a hair raising track like Charlotte for the ride along.
    You'll come out of that with a whole different respect for every driver out there.
    I was a passenger going into turn one at 175 MPH (about 25 MPH slower then a cup car).
    I felt real close to what they do and I had the limited field of vision with the Hans device on like they do. I cant imagine 3 wide racing. Your view out of street Monte Carlo is 3 times what it is out the windshield of a Cup Monte Carlo. The windshield angle is different and is small in comparison.
    They are all good whether the cars they drive or the team that fields them is or not.
    I've felt g force in the air. This is a totally different feeling on the body. Undescribeable. You just have to experience it.
    I cant imagine dealing with the G's, the speed, traffic, even in a good handling car for 500 miles.
    Yea, they are all great in my book whether I pull for them or not.:big_smile:

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like Wally Wayinback!He has done a good job. As for Kyle Petty WOW hes knowlege and stories of the "old days" just add to the race. I sure wish Benny could give us a "MAN O MAN" once in a while.RIP BENNY smokey

4. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I like Wally. Kyle did a great job for just starting out, as for Benny Parsons, a great in the sport and will be missed for years to come!

5. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    If Wally ever says "Boogity, boogity, boogity" I'll change my mind. Until then, I like him well enough. He's the technical voice in the booth and does a pretty good job at it IMO.

Jon