Poachers hall of shame

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Jun 23, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Ive seen it before n my striped bass website You find an article inthe paper>you can tke pictures yourself etc...so the whole world will see these lowlifes.I was just on E-Bay and saw someone selling a catfish stunner desighned for shocking up flatheadsThe guy had a few pics of abot 20 or more flatheads caught in an hour or so and you can tell that they were all fresh caught fish apparently you just drift through some holes in the river that look like a likely spot and zap up comes your hard earned catch the shame of it is he has quite a few bidders on this device And he even says that law enforcement frown upon its use so be carefull I say we get an area up were we can expose and humiliate the people who take fish in manners that are against the law and the code of ethics for fisherman it worked well on the other site(which I dont frequent very much since I found this site)

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just becasue lae enforcement "frowns" on it, does not make it illegal. Are there some states where this is legal? Some may find it no more unual than Tortlining, jugging, noodling, or even hook & line fishing. After they are shocked & rise up they go back down in the water (unless someone is keeping them)

You had said:
    I say we get an area up were we can expose and humiliate the people who take fish in manners that are against the law and the code of ethics for fisherman it worked well on the other site

I dont think thats such a good idea. Now for the illegal things, sure I guess you could do that, becasue if they have been fined for breaking the law I think that falls under public knowledge, but to humiliate them in a deameaning manner would be putting the BOC liable for possible slander & deameaning of character issues. You must remember when posting delibertly in a negative way your post is not just a representation of you but alos the BOC. Now as far as the "Code of Ethics" that would never work becasue fishermen have different code of ehtics. What one fisherman things is right another may find totaly wrong.

I see where your coming from on your suggestions though.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree the pics are disturbing to say the least. If you could find out that shokcing is illegal in his state, not only could you give the DNR the EBAY address, but his Phone Number is posted near the bottom of his page. He claims to use this shocker quite often, so perhaps they could do something. I just did a search & there were 14 catfish stunners listed on EBay. It is sad. I am sure stunners have their place & their use in this world, but in my opinon they should NOT be used ti "Fill the Freezer" as the one guys states in his description. :baffle: :confuse:

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    If the guy is from Indiana he would be in deep do do!
    Bill

5. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    All I can say is he should be reported to a wildife agent..

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It is legal in 3 rivers here and you can shock all the private water you want.
    The North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission has no jurisdiction over private ponds.:eek:oooh:

As long as the device is not illegal to posess I dont see a thing wrong with it.
    Wait a minute. I have a meggar that will do the same thing and its made by Fluke and sold in all 50 states.:big_smile:
    You going to wall of shame me?

Bobpaul, tell those shocking buddies of yours I need some flathead for an upcoming fish fry.

7. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    In Black River the Game Wardens encourage you to shock because the cats have overtaken almost all other fish. You must have a special device non commercial license though.

8. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Shocking fish is a touchy subject. The concept is humane, because it dosen't hurt the fish, and they will snap out of it and go on about their business. The biologists use it for sampling purposes. All that being said, if you get caught shocking fish in Mississippi, they'll put you under the jail.

9. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i dont know, i think it can be good and bad. good for the dnr to see how big the fish are and bad for the bad people who take fish easily!

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    MY opinion its immoral and unethical,whether legal some places or not.I'm not against jugging,trotlining or limb lines,this shocker is cruel and inhumane!!! Just my humble opinion!

11. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I believe only Fish and game Dept. should be able to shock Fish.

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    :0a27: with you totally!!! They have good and ethical reasons to do so!

13. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    They R Definately Pieces Of S#*t!!!

14. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    A shocker is no more cruel and inhumane than leaving fish on trotlines,jugs and limblines for days on end. I am not defending illegal shocking by any means.

15. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    The guy was selling it were it is illegal and to be truthful he has been reported to the dnr Just look at it this way 20 to 30 flatheads in an hour to my knowledge holes that are adequate for large flatheads usually only have three mature cats in it This guy had over 20 ready for the choppin block thats a lot of river with no big catfish in it now and when your fishin that doesnt mean your catching wether you have trotlines juglines or poles.This isnt fishing if the fish dont have a choice just think if your the one who goes fishin the day after he does his Poaching or the week after your gonna think the fish aint bitin when in reallity there are no flatheads inthis stretch of the river for at least a mile till next month or next year?

16. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I've always been curious when someone buys a vintage Western Electric crank telephone.If it ain't for nostalgic reasons it has to be for something else.

17. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Oh god not again, the last time we talked about this the thread got pulled because someone got out of hand from what I heard. But on that thread I remember someone else saying just because it's legal don't make it right. I think that is true in alot of case's, and this is one. Like Catfishjohn said it's just my humble opinion.:big_smile:

18. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    I know around 20 years ago in Ga if you were caught shocking fish DNR would try to take every thing your boat truck and every thing in the vehicles. I don't thing its that bad now but the fine is still kinda high. If the judge is a fisherman and supports wildlife.

19. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    the noodling thread caught more crap than this..this is no better than noodling..

20. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Mark, how much you want or how many you gonna feed? Would a 20#'r do or do you think you'll need a 50#'r. or maybe just a mess of littler ones?