Poachers busted on Indian Lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flathead man, May 14, 2007.

1. flathead man

flathead man New Member

State:
    ohio
    Went to indian lake 5-13-07 and it was a night to rember only caught 2 bullheads but 3 poachers were busted 2 girls 1 guy had 46 saugeye and they were snagging and netting them under the dam at indian lake. Thank god for rangers who care enough to check up on leads at 1;30am and were glad they did!!! They had some huge fish and the wardens were not happy let me tell ya was my best night of fishing in a while. I just feel that if i have to abide by the law we all should what do ya'll think? ...flathed man

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Im glad the poachers were caught ! Great Job.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have always said "If ya do the crime ya have to do the time" I am a law abiding Citizen and I expect others to be also. Thank Heaven that the Rangers were there and did their job! It's totally disgusting to me when they "Wear the Badge" and pollute it by looking the other way when a crime is being committed!JMHO:big_smile_2:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with you. The law should apply to everyone equally.Thanks for the report.:lol: :smile2:

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is great news, glad they got nailed for it.

6. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Good news travels fast!

7. catmancats

catmancats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats great to hear.... Glad the Rangers busted them!!!!!!

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    those rangers need to be boc members so I can give em some reps and some coin to boot. I hate poachers.

9. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good job by the Rangers!

10. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i know how people feel about poachers, but what if you came across a family poaching fish to eat because that was the easiest way to provide? and it waasnt overkill with like 100 fish only like 25 or so??? i have been faced with this situatiom before

11. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    thats great, glad they caught them in the act.was all the fish alive? did they save any?

12. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Like Mickey said "The law should apply to everyone equally" so they should find a less easier way to provide that's legal. I don't think poachers need to poach to feed their families, there's government programs in place to keep families from staving.

13. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I know theres ways around it to be legal...But have seen families that needed help not get it. But then some body driving an BMW get help. Myself i find it confusing

14. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    If I knew that a person needed to food and had a few extra fish or even shot a deer out of season it would be alot easier to turn a blind eye than someone who goes and spotlights a big buck and cuts of the horns and the tenderloin.

I would also have no problem sharing my catch with them.

And the government programs that are in place are being used by more people that are just lazy than people that have run into a string of bad luck.