Plumbing

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by Chris, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Does anyone have any reccomendations on some Heavy Duty Drain "O"

Thanks
    chris

2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i really dont recomend any kind of drain opener on a severe clog
    half the time that stuff dont do what it claims then you have chemicals in the line that either you or a plumber has to contend with when augering
    the line.
    what exactly is going on and we might have some suggestions that will help.;)

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    One that does what it claims is Thrift.
    I had a 3 inch line comepletely grease clogged and holding probally 50 gallons or more of water behind it.
    After trying numerous products Keith Sword gave me a pound of Thrift.
    In 5 minutes time you could here the plug let go and all that water rush out.
    No problems since.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    i Agree With Drc I Wouldn't Use Any Type Drain Opener. I Used To Do Plumbing And I Hated That Stuff When You Had To Go And Clean Out Someones Line. What I Like The The Deal You Put On The End Of A Water Hose Shove It In Pipe Far As You Can Turn On Water. It Swells Up To Size Of Pipe And Water Can't Come Back (normanally). It Sort Of Vibrates And Most Of The Time You Can Get Line Open. You Can Get Them In Different Sizes Depending On What Size You Need. Good Luck

5. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    its the tub that we wash our dogs in, it just slow at draining, the hair is probably in the trap.

Thanks
    chris

6. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Chris, the drain opener Mark spoke of is really great stuff. It's not a liquid acid,but a crystal based which eats organic material.
    It's safe on old pipes and new ones.
    Do not go to your local "home improvement store " and buy the crap they sell.
    It's a waste of time and money and will do just what the others spoke of, "create a mess for a plumber to fix".

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    chris,

if your waste overflow plate on your tub has the lever to trip setting the
    stopper in the closed or open position,
    take the screw/screws out of it and pull up on this complete assembly
    it should pull up and out with a bit of wiggleing while pulling up on it.
    could be you got hair built up at that point and even right there at the mouth of the drain in the cross bar .
    if you pull that assembly up and out you can take a clothes hanger and use some pliers to make a little hook at the end of it and try and pull up any hair or gunk up out of the drain.
    do you have access to the bottom side of this tub??
    if you can get to the trap and open it up it might be easier to get to this situation that way.
    regardless it will be messy so protect your surrounding and eyes.
    this stuff kieth refers to may be the cats meow,
    but the original crystal drano shouldnt be confused with what he mentioned . the old crystal drano will set up hard as concrete in the pipe if it doesnt open the clog.
    i thought someone had gotten a urinal deorderizer block wedged in a tub drain a few years ago and it turned out to be crystal drano.
    i had to cut the trap apart and away and replace with new plastic fittings.
    you couldnt even break trhrough it with a screwdriver and hammer it was so hard.
    let us know whats going on with it.

by the way those black rubber pressure bulbs work pretty good i like them just be careful
    and make sure that puppy is open before you pull it out or you will have a nasty mess come back at you out of the pipe. you shold hear it when it opens up it changes tone