plumbing question...

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by massa_jorge, Dec 7, 2007.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have a water problem at my house. i have almost no pressure at all. when i turn on the bathtub, it just barely drips, even with both faucets all the way on. the kitchen is a little better, but not much. i went under the house through the crawlspace, and found no evidence of a leaking/broke pipe. in the backyard there is no evidence of a leak. i had the city come out and do a pressure check on the meter, and both sides tested fine. if i had any hair, i would be ripping it out right now!!! has anyone else ever had this problem? does anyone know how to fix it? i am trying to avoid calling a plumber, as i just cannot afford it. someone said maybe it was a vent issue. i wanted to ask here before i go jumping to conclusions, or spending money i don't have.
    thanks!

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The same thing happened to me a while back. I had a line split under the ground. It was hard to find, but i found it and fixed it myself. Saved myself a bunch of money... just like when I switched my car insurance to GEIKO...LOL

3. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Do you have city water then?

I had a similar problem, but I live in the sticks. My pressure tank was fine and no leaks. Turns out the previous homeowner installed a second inline filter that I hadn't found and it hadn't been changed in ages, that fixed my problem.

4. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    How long has this been happening? If it's sudden, that would indicate either a major leak, which you say you don't have, or a sudden blockage. If the problem came gradually, you might have a problem with scale buildup inside your pipes. This is a fairly common problem with galvanized steel pipe, especially if it's 30 years or older.

If you've traced out all the supply lines and don't see any leakage, and you don't have any unexplained soggy spots between your meter and your house, my guess would be some sort of blockage.

-- Rich

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    went and double checked, didn't see anything. called the city again and got the director. he sent someone out right away, i mean he was there in 5 minutes. there's a surprise! he put on a new meter and said what yall already said, sounds like a blockage. he says i can run a hose from my back faucet and use it to blow out the rock or whatever it is. i now have pressure in the back faucet, so we are going to try that.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    we got it fixed, it was a little rock that had worked its way up into the copper pipe that feeds the water. probably started out as a bigger rock somewhere up the pipe. so i have water now. thanks to all of yall who put in, i am like a you know what in a you know where when it comes to stuff like this, but i am learning!:big_smile:

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jordan, i'm only guessing but i'd bet you've got a rock in your line somewhere:0a10:.

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i just spent several hours last thursday and friday clearing little chunks of rust out of a duplex that has the old galvanized lines still in between the 1st and 2nd floor .
    owner didn't want to pay to replace so he paid to have me getting the little debris of rust balls and grit out of the aerators and out of the seats and stems in the new faucets . pain in the neck especially when your by yourself
    and have to run up and down 2 flights of stairs to reach the main shut off .
    :angry: FATBOY NO LIKEY