Plugging around Buggs Island

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigblueone, Nov 12, 2006.

1. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Went fishing sat had a good trip.Kept 2 over 32in,15 right under 32in. They were not bitting on shad they wanted crappie center cut.Fished in 60ft of water at Eastland creek. Cought fish all day long they wouldn"t stop bitting:cool2: . had a blast 1bigblue

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Congratulations...sounds like you had a busy day! Were you in a boat or fishing from the bank?

Where exactly is Eastland Creek?

3. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thats about 8 miles from the damn.Eastland creek and Ivy Hill is where I fished from a boat about 50ft from the shore. There is a state park there where you can fish from if you don"t have a boat.keep a tight line and watch that rod. 1bigblue:cool2:

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Sounds like a great trip congrats

5. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Thanks for sharing 1bigblue, sounds like you had a blast. I unfortunately haven't made it to buggs yet this fall/winter. Hope to go soon though.

Wheelmobile07

6. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks laidbck111, have you been doing any fishing?wheelmobile07 you have till dec to get into them.I know you shore fish alot I found out something about the dan river in the spring not many people know about. It only took me 6 years to learn about it . I'll get with you later about it :cool2: 1bigblue

7. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Sounds good bro, pm me about the info about the dan, would love to hear it since it is my home river.

Wheelmobile07

8. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    hey 1bigblue, where is there a good bank spot at buggs that i could get to and fish before it gets too late?

Wheelmobile07

9. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    There are tons of awesome bank spots at buggs, if you wanna fish around the lower end of lake there's some good deep water withing casting distance from bank at most ramps, island creek ramp area is good, there's a couple old parking lots that you can fish all around, there off the road to island creek. . . . .most of the ramps have somewhere good to bank fish near by. i think there's some power lines before you get to island creek, you can go down and fish from the bank, i've seen several people fishing there in the past.
    Good Luck,
    Mike

10. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Thanks bro just been super busy with school this semester hopefully will be able to get to some good water soon.

Wheelmobile07