Plug and play cards for Lowrance gps/sonar units

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by bigblaze, May 30, 2007.

1. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    I just bought the lms 520 c from Lowrance

Does anybody have any opinions on the performance or the details of the plug and play cards offered from navionics or fishing hot spots or the other ones that our out there.....

I guess i should add I am looking for mainly NC lake info, not to concerned about the coast although it would be nice to have that info as well...

thanks,

John,

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    John, I've got the "Fishing Hot Spots Elite", as well as the Navionics Hot Maps Classic. There is a 2007 version of Premium Hot Maps, or something like that that is supposed to be much better. A little costlier by about $50, but probably well worth it. From what I understand, it has more detail and better accuracy than the older versions. Someone will chime in here that has one....

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have the hotmaps premium, there is a much higher degree of detail and accuracy, than with the stock unit.

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

I have the same card and there is no comparison. Worth it's weight in gold for the GPS.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I also have the same card (hotspots premium 07 version). It's the only card I have used so I don't know how it compares to the other cards. But I really like it. $150 well spent.

6. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    forgive my ignorance but thats is by navionics correct??? (hotspots premium 07" version)