Plenty of Water

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Aug 9, 2007.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hey everyone I'm making a small request.As most know we are in a rather high heat alert in 7 states so lets make sure the pets outside have plenty of water to drink.My neighbor works out of town all week and I'm usually gone during the day so I can't check on his dog till I get home.Anyway I ask the neighbor boy if he had ben watering Franklin.His response was Quote It's not My Job).Needless to say I sort of went off on him.Told him I don't give a D-M if it's his job or not make sure that dog has plenty of water to drink.Some people are just plain stupid and he's one of them.
    So please check on the animals even if thier not your own.Thank you all in Advance.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks John!!!
    I've been spraying my dogs with the hose a couple times a day along with giving them fresh water morning and evening. I even took a fan out to the building for them to lay in front of. Which they do after they get wet. They are like my babies! I couldn't imagine something happening to them because of my ignorance.
    Just remember,the animals can't go turn on the water by themselves,you gotta do it for them! :big_smile:

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great reminder to all those with pets.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's not my job!!! That's a statement that I frequently hear and frequently angers me to the core.What is wrong with our teenagers today??? What happened to good old common sence?I totally agree about the dogs,I keep my dogs in the house with me.Alot of folk,well they don't like that,firmly believe a dogs place is outside.Well I see it differently.Dogs get hot and get cold too,they have feelings.Never would I allow an animal to go without water or food.I am glad that you went off on that kid John.Kids they never cease to amaze me,then folks wonder why are world is the way it is!! It's no wonder to me.I firmly believe that all of us who are parents and live where the Bible means something should fight to change the laws around here.We need to take back our kids and give them proper raising. Maybe if we did our country wouldn't be going to the dogs!!JMHP:confident:

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i completely agree. it really bothers me the way that the kids act now days. i want to remind you that not only do pets need plenty of water, but people need plenty of water too. i know we are in an age of fad dieting, low carb, blah,blah, blah. alot of people take water for granted, but trust me it is no laughing matter when you get dehydrated. out here in southern az it breaks the 100 degree mark in april and stays that way until october. so for all of you in the eastern states, put down your pepsi and grab a big bottle of water. i drink at least a gallon of water a day, sometimes 2, and never have to worry about getting dehydrated. the thing you need to remember is that soda and alcohol will dehydrate you faster than just not drinking anything. dont drink to many sports drinks either, they have alot of salt and sugars in them, which is good in moderation, but one or 2 a day is all you need. grab some water, drink it up and have a good time out there enjoying some of the weather that we live with out here for most of the year. oh, if you get really hot, dont drink water that is very cold. it will cause you body to cramp and it takes longer for your body to absorb.

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Great reminder, lot of people overlook their pets....

As far as kids, they do some knuckle headed stuff one moment, and then turn around and amaze ya the next heh.. Seen high schoolers go around in packs to different neighborhoods and help clean up yards of people they've never met after a two tornadoes ripped threw town one nite. Gave up their weekends, spare time, etc. just to help out, on their own AND with a smile on their faces while doing it. I've seen a boy give his Favorite toy away, without a second thought, to another because he had none..

7. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Great post John, We don't want to forget about them

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Our pets are just like us in hot wether ,we drink more and so do they,I give my dogs fresh water twice a day ,and the chickens have an auto float valve system that provides fresh water 24/7.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John Thanks for a great reminder. BOC:big_smile: take care of the pets during this heat crisis.

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Good Post. Please remember the ones that can't take care of themselves.

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i drink milk, and when i finish it i take the plastic gallon jug, rinse it out, and fill it with water. i put it in the freezer and when it freezes i take a box knife and cut the jug off that piece of ice. i then put it in my dogs water dish (i have 5 dogs and they have a 3 gallon water dish)

every once in a while i will buy a bag of ice and put it in there. i have a 80lb dog, bubba, that loves that. he will stick his nose in up to the eyes and splash around in it:smile2:

you can also put the jug(doesn't have to be milk, i also use sport drink jugs) in without cutting it, and when it thaws completely just refreeze it.

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I freeze bottles of water and throw 3-4 of them in the 5 gallon bucket of water. It stays cold for a while. After they melt I rinse them off and freeze them again. It helps give the dogs cold water on a hot day.:big_smile: