Pleasure boaters &$^&%( IDIOTS)

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by perrycounty.in, Sep 5, 2009.

1. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I had an hour or two before the kid got off the bus yesterday so i took the boat out for awhile before the river got packed with idoits for the weekend. I was the only one at the ramp when i got there:smile2: It didn't take long and the pleasure boaters showed up. First one i was near the indiana bank driftin, i saw him comin and thought well he has 2/3's of the river so no big deal. WRONG he came within 30yrds fulll spead and had the courage to wave :confused2: Then i decided to anchor about 100ft off the bank still ticked about the first boat and then here came a huge i mean huge house boat and where do you think he went :angry: Not in the channel on the Kentucky side, but between me ant the 100ft of the bank. it almost threw me out of the boat when i stood up to hollar a few choice word at him and he waved also, 00000000HHHHH:angry: So i thought to my self thats it im out of here, I was gettin ready to pull up anchor and go get the kid when i saw a jet ski comin, lets see what this idiot does and would you believe it i swear he came so close i had to take one of my rods out of the holder because i thought he was gonna hit it. Im not kiddin within 10 feet of me and im close to the bank on the other side of the supposed to be boat traffic. I should've grabbed the paddle and clothlined him i know i could have. :cool2:

Any way i caught 1 fish about 5lbs.

Anyone fishin the river this weekend stay on alert cause them pleasure boaters know this is there last big weekend with good weather and there all tryin to prove something out there it seems. ^&%*#%& IDIOTS

2. billyballard

billyballard New Member

State:
    Dugger,Indiana
    Hate to hear about all the traffic down there.. That is why I like my little part of the white river so much. Its way to shallow for those aholes..:wink: I have had weekends out there without even seeing 1 other boat...

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Aaron I wonder if pleasure boaters don't think or just don't care. I hate Jet skies. Most or young operators who don't have any experience or know what courtesy is. On holiday weekends I leave the water to the nuts.

4. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    i know what you mean. im from Alabama and a few years ago some idiot teenagers was on a jet ski jumping the waves and hit this other boat broad sided. The woman that was on the boat was killed . it cut her head clean off. What makes it soo bad the guy on jet ski was drunk. life...u just never know.

5. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    yep shouda took a wild swing with the paddle. man id love to see somebody do that to one of them idiots. it would make em think twice the next time.

6. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    aint that somethin. f-in fools.

7. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Your casting skills good enough to put a weighted treble hook into the crotch of a jet skier on the fly?

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i would have just flung 5oz. their way.. MORE THEN ONCE!!!!:angry:

9. catmandoo22

catmandoo22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i got a buddy thats got a speedboat and he use to be one of those idiots...flyin close to people and not having much respect for the fisherman and women around him. i started taking him fishing from the bank in a few different spots around the lake where we could see the boats with people actually fishing and not joy-riding. everytime a plearure-boater or jetski came close to a fishing boat i would point it out to him, explaining the respect issues and how annoying it can be...not to mention how difficult it can be to catch fish when ya got a bunch of *#ckheads being ignorant.....glad to say that he got the point and has alot more respect for fisherman now.

10. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    If you got a beater car/truck wait for them to get off the lake and drive wrecklessly all around them and wave. I know nobody would really do this but man would i love to. That or get a paintball gun and light em up on the water lol.

11. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    ouuuuuucccchhhhh. i believe that would do the trick.

12. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    My Grandma has a place up on the Fox River in Northern Illinois. If you don't know about the river, its basically the hot spot for pleasure boaters from the Chicago area (don't know why when they have a d@mn humongous lake right there.) Anyways, great fishery when the boat traffic isn't insane...but you wouldn't believe the kind of boats/stupid driving you see on that river. The river is good sized, but relatively shallow with an average depth of like 6ft...yet these people run $200,000 yahts on it that you can hear about 2 miles downstream. I've always got a couple of lines set out on the dock in rod holders even when I'm not out there and on more than one occasion I've had boats/jet skiers get so close to the dock that they cut my line...I don't ever cast far out there, pretty much just fish right off the end of the dock. Also on a couple of occasions I've seen people in jet skies get in accidents where they had to bring paramedics out there. Some people don't have any sense or courtesy.

13. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    the lake lice on holiday weekends can be a real pain,I prefer to fish during the week when I can,seems the drunks and other idiots don't get out to much on weekdays. Once, and only once I lost my temper,a guy showing off to a boatload of girls came close enough to spray me with water,then ran through my anchor lines and fishing lines snagging up one with hish prop and spooling my reel,I tossed my other anchor off and fired up my boat and ran him down,he thought he could outrun me but the old ranger bass boat I have can get with the program out on the water when it needs to. A game and parks CO was on the water to and I waved him down and the three of us had a little come to Jesus meeting on the water,the guy ended up forking over 200 bucks at the Co's suggestion of paying for the lost line and anchors. He even told the guy to leave the lake and not come back and said he didn't need losers on his water right to the guy. this guy was red in the face with embarrasment from the a-ripping the CO gave him in front of all these girls. Too bad there's not always a CO around when needed,that was the last time I tried to fish on a holiday weekend,and swore to myself I wouldn't do it again.

14. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    There's another downside to the bad economy, so many people laid off I'm running into them all week long.:angry:

15. BigWes

BigWes New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I feel ya man. Im staying off the water till mid week probably. In 20 minutes yesterday I had 3 boats, a canoe and a raft all go right over top of my lines. River was 200yards wide there and I was 50feet away from the shore, fishing back toward shore and they all went in between. Had to also wait at the ramp for people to get out of the way...took all of 2 minutes for me to load up and be gone from that point. Stay safe.

16. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Welcome to the boc Wes.

17. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Thanks its realy cool to be here.

18. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Wes an WEsley wecome you both to the B.O.C. ,hope you enjoy your time on here as much as i do :wink::smile2: this is a great site ,people an info :cool2:

19. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I must say I'm getting long in the tooth, lot of snow gracing my mountain... but, man o man, some of those pleasure boaters do have some women in bikini's. Bet I could remember what I was supposed to do, given the chance. LOL

20. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana

Great idea , im gonna get a paintball gun and put it in my dry storage