Pleasonton

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by delbert bumbleshoot, Jul 31, 2008.

1. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Went out saturday to Pleasonton with Keith Catfish1978 and my uncle. Hooked a 5 pounder on the first cast within 30 seconds. Caught a 6lb and then an 11 off the same feeder. Ended up catching 65 channels Eric 25,uncle Bill 21, Keith 20 . Keith caught a 8 lb channel but didn't send me that pic.Turkey liver on slip bobbers soybean chum and purina catfish chow. Kinda disappointing we didn't catch 'em surfacing. A little slow considering 2 weeks ago I caught 74 all by myself. Many thanks to Keith for bringing a digital camera and emailing me the pics. Only kept one fish that swallowed the hook.

Attached Files:

• 058.jpg
      058.jpg
      File size:
      16.1 KB
      Views:
    • 056.jpg
      056.jpg
      File size:
      15 KB
      Views:
  2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thats one fine day of fishing.
    Nice healty looking channels.

Thanks for the pictures.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sounds like a great trip, Eric. You guys caught some nice channels.

4. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Eric, when are we going to head to Pleasanton?

5. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Which lake you fishing there Delbert? I live just north of there. Might have to get together some time and do some fishing. ​

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Jay, we fished both. Did better on the east lake. :big_smile:

7. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    we started out at the little {west lake] It's probably better for numbers...lots of visible cover shallow water...12' is the deepest it gets.We switched to the big lake{east} pretty common for us to hit both in one day.big fish was caught at west lake off middle feeder.going out on the river sat and sun night but I might make it down there Monday.Usually have a hard time finding anybody to go with me on Mondays. Send me a Pm if you're interested in going sometime.

8. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm just up here at Linn valley and always looking for a few Good Cats. Just got back on the water a couple weeks ago. Been doing allot of bank fishing here in Linn valley, mostly the smaller ponds till I got my boat. Last couple weeks I've been mostly cruising and checking out the Terran of the lake here. caught several small mouth bass and walleyes. Not a one of them bellow the legal limit. Didn't know we had smallies here or drum. Live and learn. They have signs to remove the wipers. Why? they put up a pretty fair fight. and they put them in. :beat_brick:
    I was surprised at the depth of the lake also, Measured a depth of 57 feet some were on the Lake. I'd have to show ya. Not fixing on letting that cat out of the bag.

9. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I need to see how much luck will change out in Pleasanton.

10. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Caught 78 channel cats Eric 35 Dr. Mark 24 Uncle Beezoid 19. Once again Uncle Beezoid insists on using that sissy short bass rod with only 20 lb test. Once again a fish breaks him off and it sounds like a .22 going off then he says his drag was set perfectly. Then he complains cuz he never catches any big ones.I had one between 15-20 lbs. right next to the boat but he couldn't get the net out of the compartment in the bass boat. Had 2 or 3 easy opportunities to net it.Finally came unhooked. I had the net out in less than 30 seconds when the dr. hooked a good one.Big fish Dr. Mark 10.4 lbs kept 4 eaters that swallowed the hook.Feeder was going off as we pulled up and there were hundreds of fish on the surface. We caught 10 in 5 minutes. I would guess we had 25 fish 5 lbs. or better but lost both really big ones due to operator error.

Attached Files:

11. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks for the tip!
    :0a23:​

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Nice fish Delbert. :smile2:

13. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Very Nice Fish There Eric, Thanks For Postin The Pics And Story:smile2:.

14. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Keith and Shelby I'm still trying to find the chief of police down there in pleasonton and ask him about night fishing there.As soon as I find out maybe we can go on a hog hunt down there.I guarantee there are some giant channel cats in those 2 lakes down there. we'll take you guys out and find some.

15. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    nice fish eric with that rain i bet they were goin crazy..:smile2:

16. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    That's our normal pattern actually the fish don't seem to come to the surface as easily when it's rainy. I have caught some big fish there where the creek comes in several over 20lbs though. We need to stay more than 4 or 5 hours so we can break a hundred. I'm kind of irritated we haven't made it yet.I'm taking some boc boys this weekend so it would be the perfect time to do it.Catch more numbers there=catch more big ones.:embarassed::eek:oooh:

17. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Not sure I can head Out be before 330 PM Monday. You?

18. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Hey Jay I was supposed to go with Gary F but he can't make it. I could do an afternoon trip I suppose. Usually go early morning to avoid the heat. But it's not supposed to be that hot. I could meet you down there at the West lake at 4:00 or something this Monday the 18th.

19. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas
    Eric

Is the feed being dispensed at Pleasanton floating or sinking? I've found they are more spooky while feeding on the surface as compared to feeding on the bottom.

I'v sure enjoyed reading your posts about fishing at Pleasanton. I'm going to have to make a trip down there one of these days and with what you have been reporting it sounds like I would only be catching sore mouthed fish.:wink: :big_smile:

Good luck and I look forward to more of your postings.

Lee

20. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Hey Lee it's all floating food but we throw sinking soybeans. You're welcome to come with me sometime. I'm over in O.P. around 87th and Switzer. Went yesterday and I seemed to have all the hooksetting prowess of one of Jerry's Kids. I missed about 15 in a row. Fish coming up all over the place but I couldn't catch one. After 1 hour of continuous bites I had only caught 2 small ones. So I backed off and went back to the feeder and threw some more chum. I had a real hard bite right under the feeder and hooked up on a big one. But he proceeded to snag me on the chain under the feeder. So I opened the bail and waited about a minute and when I put some pressure on him and he popped loose.Seemed like my luck changed after that.:confused2: Weighed 13.9 lbs no digital pics since my BOC buddy didn't show up.Ended up catching 38 with 3 over 10 lbs.I caught a lot of skiers{little ones} though.Sometimes I have a hard time finding them or getting then to come up but it's pretty unusual to not be able to catch them if you can see 'em