Please tell if I am understanding Regulations correctly!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by pk_powell, Jul 19, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I Had MDC up on line and what I read sounds very much to me that a 15 through 65 y/o requires a fishing licence to legally fish.Anyone under 15 requires a daily fishing tag. Is this correct? I realize I need to speak with an MDC Officer about this,but I was hoping the BOC could give me some sraight answers first.Please ya all have a wonderful and peaceful evening tonight! Thank you in advance to anyone who truly does know.It's a bit confusing to me! ~~~~~~~Sister Pat:confused2:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Pat, I read the regs as saying that 65 or older, or younger than 15, do not need a permit.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Sorry, Pat. Disregard. I reread the reg and what you said is right according to the way it is written. Doesn't make sense to me, but I'm in sunny SC. :wink: Don't know why the youngsters are limited to certain methods if they purchase a daily permit. :confused2:

4. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    pat, 15 and younger do not need a permit. some of the trout rivers in southern mo you have to buy a day permit no mater your age if i remember right

5. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Pat,
    I have talked to an agent about this before, seeing that i am just now 17. He told me that as long as i was with a licensed adult and that we were not fishing for trout, i was legal. The only time that i would have needed a permit or license was if i was fishing for trout. I hope this helps.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Way to go Aaron, you came in correct first. Sorry Ethan, but there are no second place prized issued today. LOL

Pat, they are correct. Some places have daily permits for trout fishing. No license is required except those daily fees, if I recall. Those daily fees are for EVERYBODY, regardless of age. Most of those places, are trout hatchery locations and the fees help offset what it costs to operate.

7. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    If you notice the methods that are not allowed are limblines trotlines jugs etc.

I think the reasoning is so that parents can't bring along their kids just so they can run more hooks on these methods.