Please say a prayer for Grandma.....

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by teaysvalleyguy, Sep 12, 2008.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Please say a prayer for my Grandma Rosie. She is my last grandma and has been very sick most of her life. The poor woman has had cancer in several areas, but fought it off. Diabetes most of her life and has coped with it. Quadruple bypass and has a leaky valve but has fought it about 10 years or so that I know of.

She has not been feeling well which happens alot when her body gets low on blood. She went to the hospital to get tests run and they drained 5 viles of blood yesterday. They wanted her to stay but she is a hard head and refused and went home. She got home and was at the Kitchen table and passed out yesterday. My Grandpa Bad called the squad and she woke up when they got there.

They rushed her to the ER yesterday and put her in the ICU as of tonight. Just getting home not too long ago. She seems to be in good spirits but her legs are swollen from her heart acting up. They are giving her blood and that is all I know as of right now. I'll try and keep you posted. She is a great woman that has lived a long and hard life and I belive has many more years ahead of her, just scary when things like this happen and her body has been through so much her whole life.

2. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    thoughts and prayers going out to you and yours my friend.

3. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    May the Lord touch Rosie and her family and give them the strength to deal with His plans. Healing hands and patience to them all. Prayers from GA. Ronnie

4. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    prayers from pennsylvania

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    We ask that The Great Healer to intervines here and confort and heal Roise . Prayers sent from So. Alabama

6. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Here comes prayers from Texas for the lady. God Bless her.

7. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks alot guys, no new news as of this morning. Getting ready to leave for work and have to work 9-7 today. I'll keep ya posted if I hear anything.

8. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Prayers are added from the Blue Ridge for Grandma Rosie.

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thoughts are with you and your family tea. Thanks for posting.

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    They are transporting her to Grant which is where her heart doctor is. They have told her before that she would not make it through a heart surgery again. Please say a prayer.

I am in the office as the other two guys aunt passed away and they are in North Carolina. So, I can't go, so this is killing me.

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    She is at Grant now. I just talked to her on the phone. She sounds real weak and short of breath. She said she dont know what they are going to do and someone will call me when they decide. It was nice to talk to her but I can sense how scared she is in her voice.

12. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Prayers sent your way brother.

Tom

13. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Matt, my prayers are with you and your Grandma.

14. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Prayers sent from Illinois to you and your family!!

15. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Leaving work now to go see her, I'll update yall when I get home. Thanks for the prayers for Grandma.

16. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Prayers sent from Nevada.

17. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Prayers sent

18. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Prayers sent from N.C.

19. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I got to the hospital and grandma was sitting up in a chair. They had her on oxygen and she was in alot of pain and very nauseated. They gave her something in her IV for the nausea and Morphine in the IV for the pain. She seemed to be alot better then she was last night. Last night she was white as a ghost from being low on blood and now she has color.

The sad part is that she said she had a preminition that she was not going to live through this this morning. She said she is just tired of being poked and prodded and having no energy to do anything.

Just got home but I know she is better off today then she was yesterday at this time. Her heart doctor is out of town and will be back Monday to evaluate the situation.

Please continue to say prayers as they are appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Tea

20. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I got a call around 5am this morning from mom. Grandpa Bad had called her and Grandma collapsed to the floor while they were doing an EKG and going to the bathroom. They could not revive her for around 20+ minutes. We rushed up there and she is in Critical Care and they think from her not having reflexes that she is brain dead. They are waiting to do a cat scan and for the neurologist to get there. She is on a ventalator and medicine to keep her blood pressure up right now. If they took her off she would pass away. We as a family just want to make sure there is brain damage and be sure before we make the decision to pull the plug. It was a very sad enviroment but we all know she is ready to go and she would not want to stay hooked up to machines. I came home to give Madi a bath and take a quick nap. The Neurologist should be in around 4-5 and we are heading back to the hospital.

Thanks everyone on the prayers and just pray that if it is her time that she goes peacefully. Also pray for my Grandpa Bad, they have been married 59 years and this will be real hard on us all and him especially.

Thanks for the support.

Tea