Please read

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIGCAT DADDY 71, Jul 14, 2006.

1. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i posted on fishing america under bluegill, wanted to post here in hopes to get members to read it. it's gills/redear on the bed. i would like to have alot of feedback about what happened to me that day, with the game warden.

thanks, bigcat daddy 71.
    (scott)

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sorry Scott, I'm old and cannot decipher your hieroglyphics...:embarassed:

3. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I Couldnt Find It Dude...put In A Link..it Would Be Easier For Every1
    Thanks,
    Shaun

4. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    sorry, main screen/ fishing america, under sub-forum = bluegill fishing. post= catching bluegill or redear on the beds- what do you think?

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Couldn't find it let me look again.

6. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Found it. That was just wrong of him. Now if you was throwing a stick of dynomite or shocking them then thats not fishing. lol

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Bigdaddy, here is the link
    www.cafish1.com/forums/showthread:php?t=21747

If they had just stocked the lake then maybe he was worried. Otherwise he was an a$$hole or inexperienced at doing his job. If you have his name report him to his supervisor. He isn't allowed to harrass you that way. Nw they have put limits on panfish. I got into it with a man sullivan lake last weekend, He was bragging to me about cleaning his 4th limit of panfish that day. Usually we don't even limit out efore we have enough. That afternoon We didn't catch any gills or crappie . I was burned up about it.

8. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I don't know what i did wrong. sorry for messing up.finally got it right.

9. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    thanks catseeman, giving free rep's for those who post, if you agree or disagree with taking fish off their beds.

thanks, scott.

10. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Not that I think that you did anything wrong but it also depends on the lake. We have a pretty healthy population of panfish at my local lake (Hardy) but I don't think they stock it anymore. Again not saying that you are wrong for doing it because I do the same thing and I would hope that the DNR would keep an eye on it before it does start to hurt the fishery. Even last year when we got good numbers and size but seems like it is down this year. Hardy is a small lake around 700 acres and if it got fished hard I could see it hurting for a while. On the other hand lakes like Monroe or Patoka I would think you would probably be helping the overall population. JMO.:smile2:

11. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    The CO's are here to uphold the law not criticize law abiding citizens how to fish. He conducted himself in a very unprofessional manner and I would've been making a phone call to the DNR.

12. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Didn't mean to get off the subject. Yes I agree he did act unprofessioinal. Probably in a bad mood. Could not get you on anything so he gave a lecture instead.

13. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    ok,you wanted a pole. you were in the right, I agree that it is ok to catch fish off beds as long as they were cleaned and eaten. cpr never, let them live or get eaten, its their choice..
    I want to hope that that warden was reported before he runs into a hothead and gets into trouble.

14. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I found it and agree that you were in the right

15. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Scott,I read your thread and there is nothing you did that I wouldn't do.If I can find a bed, I'm catching some gills.My wife and I enjoy eating them...

16. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    As long as you were doing it leagally I have no problem with you taking them off there beds, if he was the worried there should be a creel limit on them. I mean what about all the caviar that is consumed every year they still aren't being born but I bet he wouldn't lecture them about it. Probably just in a bad mood and you got the brunt of it.