Please pray for my family!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kcgeoff, Jul 24, 2009.

1. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I posted this in the member prayer area as well. But figured it needed to be here as well since most all the Kansas members know me.

My mom has been in the hospital for 6 weeks. She was having problems with blood flow to her toes. The doctors determined that she had a blockage in her abdomen aorta. They did surgery and she recovered. The next day they had to do emergency surgery because it blocked again. The second surgery worked and she seemed to be doing alot better. A few days later they had to do another surgery to remove her toes on ones of her feet. Yet a few days later they had to amputate her leg right below the knee. This seemed to solve the problem she recovered for a week or so and they sent her home.

She was home for a day and half before the home health nurse recommend her going back to the hospital because they couldn't find a pulse in her other leg. They took her back to the hospital. The next day they performed another surgery and put two filters in her abdomen to stop the blood clots. She got bad blood clots in her lungs and they had to give her heavy doses of blood thinning medicine to help. Finally she was on the road to recovery and she was talking about when she could go home.

Then yesterday my dad called and said they had to take her back in for emergency surgery. She was bleeding out from all the blood thinners. They also wanted to scrape the dead skin off her leg while they were in there. The surgery went as planned. But they told my dad that they were going to have to amputate her leg but they weren't sure if it would be above or below the knee. My dad seen her in the recovery room and he said she was out of it. I just figured it was on the meds she was on.

This morning my dad called and said the hospital called and told him she had a heart attack at 6am. They weren't sure how bad it was. We headed up there. At about 11:40am this morning they removed the ventilator/tube from her throat. She passed away within 3 or 4 minutes. :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

Please say a pray for me, my brother Shelby (ShelbyGT1979), my brother Kevin, sister Kendra, and most important my father. We will make it through this. This was the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with.

2. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Geoff and shelby you and your family are in are prayers.

3. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sorry to hear that. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I ain't good at this sort of stuff brother but i pray that God can somehow comfort you and your family in this time of grief.

5. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We are praying for you all.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Geoff Prayers for you and all the family. God is faithful to those that trust in him.

7. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Geoff, Our condolences to you & Shelby, and the rest of your family. Take comfort in knowing that shes in a better place than we are, and no longer suffering.

8. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Geoff,i cant even imagine what its been like for you and your family the past 6 weeks.:sad2:i wish there was something i could say or do to make things better,but all i can do is say that you will all be in my prayers.

9. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Prayers sent to you and your family from NE Oklahoma. If there is any thing I can do to help let me know

10. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I am so very sorry to hear that! I am sure that you are in all the brother/sisters of catfishing that read this have you and all your family in our prayers! im sorry:sad2::sad2:

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Prayers sent to you and your family from Cincinnati, very sorry to hear of your loss..

12. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Prayers sent from Southern Illinois. I lost my mother in March, so I know how tough it is. Hang in there.

13. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    I am sorry to hear of your loss, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

14. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    There are no right words to express how sorry I am for you my brother but now she has found peace.prayers to you from north florida:sad2:

15. Mosquito Bait

Mosquito Bait New Member

State:
    Gardner, Kansas
    Geoff and Shelby, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry for your family's loss. If you guys need anything at all please don't hesitate to call me. I would be glad to help in any way I can. My heart goes out to you guys.

16. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Geoff and Shelby, I'm really sorry to hear this, your family is in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

17. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So sorry to hear of your loss. As my father told me when my mother passed, the family must close ranks and draw strength from each other. My heartfelt sympathy and condolences to you and family.

18. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Geoff, my heart goes out to you. I'm sending prayers your way.
    Hugs from Indiana
    Linda

19. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    prayers sent !!! so sorry in your lost bro !!!!

may god walk with you and your family threw this sad time :sad2:.

20. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    im so sorry about your loss..all the words in the world cant help right now. i can only hope that you and your family understand she had a greater calling. may god watch over you and your family and give you strength.