Please pray for my family!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by kcgeoff, Jul 24, 2009.

1. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    My mom has been in the hospital for 6 weeks. She was having problems with blood flow to her toes. The doctors determined that she had a blockage in her abdomen aorta. They did surgery and she recovered. The next day they had to do emergency surgery because it blocked again. The second surgery worked and she seemed to be doing alot better. A few days later they had to do another surgery to remove her toes on ones of her feet. Yet a few days later they had to amputate her leg right below the knee. This seemed to solve the problem she recovered for a week or so and they sent her home.

She was home for a day and half before the home health nurse recommend her going back to the hospital because they couldn't find a pulse in her other leg. They took her back to the hospital. The next day they performed another surgery and put two filters in her abdomen to stop the blood clots. She got bad blood clots in her lungs and they had to give her heavy doses of blood thinning medicine to help. Finally she was on the road to recovery and she was talking about when she could go home.

Then yesterday my dad called and said they had to take her back in for emergency surgery. She was bleeding out from all the blood thinners. They also wanted to scrape the dead skin off her leg while they were in there. The surgery went as planned. But they told my dad that they were going to have to amputate her leg but they weren't sure if it would be above or below the knee. My dad seen her in the recovery room and he said she was out of it. I just figured it was on the meds she was on.

This morning my dad called and said the hospital called and told him she had a heart attack at 6am. They weren't sure how bad it was. We headed up there. At about 11:40am this morning they removed the ventilator/tube from her throat. She passed away within 3 or 4 minutes. :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

Please say a pray for me, my brother Shelby (ShelbyGT1979), my brother Kevin, sister Kendra, and most important my father. We will make it through this. This was the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Prayers for you and yours at this trying time,Geoff.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Geoff I am very sorry to hear this news.My God Bless you ,your father and the family. May your Mother rest in peace.Your friend,J.D.

P.S.

If there is ANYTHING you need?? Please just let us know.

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    Prayers sent from my Family and Colorado......

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Our Prayers are with you, form Kansas.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Geoff, you, Shelby and the rest of your family have my thoughts and prayers coming from NC. I am so sorry to hear about your mom :sad2:. Your BOC brothers and sisters are here if you need us.

Sending up prayers now for strength to deal with the situation and the wisdom to understand why. Love you guys.

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Geoff i went through something similar many years ago with my grandmother. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your whole family.

8. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sorry to hear about your Mom, prayers to you and your family.

9. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Geoff,
    Prayers are being lifted up as I speak. Our GOD is an AWESOME GOD and will grant you and your family peace to deal with all this.

10. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Prayers sent from sw ohio

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Geoff my heart and prayer's go out to your family at this time,May the Lord bring peace and comfort to all at this time. God Bless

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    prayers sent from ohio for your families lose god bless

13. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. I can't tell you how much that helps.

We went to the funeral home today to make arrangements. We didn't realize that Medicaid we not cover any of the funeral expenses. We informed the cheapest funeral they offer is $7700+. Then to top it off he said they do not take payment arrangements! I asked if they had any scratch and dent models of the caskets but the guy didn't have much of a sense of humor.

Anyways we aren't sure where to go from here. I'm going to research of the net and see if I can find anywhere that doesn't assistance for poor people. Or a funeral home that will work out payment arrangements. If anybody has any ideas please let me know!! Thank you!!

14. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Prayers sent from WV

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sorry to hear this brother. Prayers out to you and the family.

16. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Prayers to you and your family in this trying time brother.

17. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Geoff, my prayers are with you, Shelby, Kevin, Kendra, your dad and the rest of your family at this time of grieving. May God be with you.

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Prayers Geoff from Fresno California

19. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My prayers are with you and your family. Andrew

20. brownie

brownie New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, O
    Prayers to you & your family, from Oklahoma.