Please pray for my daughter!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by kcgeoff, Jun 12, 2008.

1. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I haven't been on here much in the last year or so. I've been very busy with my daughter Camryn. She was born in April of last year. She was recently diagnosed with Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis. Which basically means she is allergic to most food.

Heres pretty much what we've dealt with over the last year and the reason why I haven't fished even one time this year!! (Sorry for the long post)

When she was born she didn't tolerate her formula. They had to change it before we even left the hospital. When she was about 2 weeks old they did a barium swallow and diagnosed her with severe reflux. They started her on Nutramigen formula and Prilosec. For her six week check up she weighed less than she did when she was born. She was admitted to the local hospital for failure to thrive. After 4 days and we were told to just let her eat until she was full.

She went home on a Saturday afternoon. On Sunday evening she choked on her vomit, and turned blue on us. We rushed her to the Kansas University hospital. They admitted her there and we spent another week in the hospital. They did no test, they just thickened her formula, put her on Enfamil premature formula with double scoop for more calories. She did fairly well on the thickened formula, (as far as her reflux was concerned). She has always been wiggly, cranky, and unable to pass gas easily.

We dealt with her crankiness, screaming, moaning and refluxing until she was 11 months old. Then she got a really bad stomach virus and was again admitted to the hospital and put her on IV fluids. She would vomit every time she ate anything and also had bad diarrhea. A few days later she was sent home. On the way home she vomited several times, and had two diarrhea diapers. (We live an hour from
    her doctor). Got home and by 8pm she was back to not keeping anything down, explosive diarrhea, her bottom turned red with blisters on it.

We managed through the night pacing the floors, being up all night. We took her to the nearest ER. They don't admit pediatric patients, but started an IV to get fluids going, and sent us back to KU hospital by ambulance. They ran a lot of test and all same up negative. She started keeping
    food down, but acted like it hurt her to eat. The doctor thought that all of her vomiting had aggravated her reflux, so they put her on IV Zantac, and IV Nexium. The doctor agreed with me that something wasn't right with her, that the way she acted wasn't normal.

We had to setup an appointment with Children's Mercy hospital to do a Scope to run biopsies. It took almost a month to get in for the appointment but eventually they got it done. After the scope they diagnosed her with Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis. They have recently changed her medicine again and we're not sure if it for the better yet or not.

There is a hospital in Cincinnati, OH that has a specialty clinic for Eosinophilic disorders. We are currently working on getting an appointment there. KU hospital is going to see if they can help fund the trip for us. This has been the toughest year of our lives. Every time we think we have her figured out we just seem to hit another set back. Please pray for Camryn. Thank you!!

2. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I forgot to add a picture of my angel.

Attached Files:

3. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Geoff:

You have Prayers coming from here in AR. I will be praying for her,
    you and your Wife. Tough on everybody concerned. Best wishes for a super recovery for the lil Darlin.

Gene

4. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Prayers sent from Misouri
    Jim

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Prayers sent from Nevada.

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    prayers going up in missouri for you and yours.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Prayers for that precious little doll,Geoff. and the parent's as well . May God help you deal with this and guide yall through it . And heal that beautiful baby girl.

8. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    prayers sent from ohio for your daughter and you and your wife

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Im so sorry Geoff. I knew she was sick , but Shelby never told me it was this bad. I wish there was something I could do. Ill pray for her. Keep your head up.

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Geoff, Prayers sent from down the street. Just hollar if I can do anything to help.

11. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    sorry to hear of her illness, prayers from my family to yours

12. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Sorry to hear about the ordeal you're experiencing with your daughter Camryn! Hope everything takes a turn for the best for her. My prayers are sent to her and the family. Thanks for the post and the pic. She's a cuttie! Keep us updated!!

Keep your head up!
    God answers prayers!!:wink:

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Prayers sent from Indiana

14. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Camryn is in my thoughts and prayers and the same goes for you and your wife. if you folks need somethin give a shout we are hear for yunz. and give that little angel of yours a big hug from all of us.

15. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
  16. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Thoughts and prayers sent from NC for the whole family. May God bless you all and heal that beautiful child.

17. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    more prayers from Ohio please keep us updated

18. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Prayers from So.Alabama we will pray for healing and may God lift you up in your time of need ,God bless you and your familey

19. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Prayers to your daughter,you and your family from So. In.

20. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    May god bless her and help her threw is. I'll be praying brother.