please pray for me

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by brinley45cal, Oct 22, 2007.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ill make a very long story short,but since the begining of 2007 ive gotten a divorce which i didnt want lost my house my job my dog my money was homeless for awhile living out of my truck.And im on the verge of having to live out of my truck again because i cant seem to find a job ANYWHERE,I have heart disease and dont have the money for my meds,and i have a girlfriend if thats what you want to call her im getting ready to send packing because shes a total nightmare.
    I dont know what to do anymore theres got to be more to life then just surviving day to day.To be honest if this is all there is for me i dont care if i wake up in the morning or not, i really dont.So please pray for a change in my life,quickly.Thank you.

2. preston fox

preston fox New Member

State:
    Va.
    James, We are and will be praying for continually! Please read Ephesians 3:16-19.... I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Preston

3. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Things can and will get better, look at what you want and start praying and believing, Keep pushing, you will and can get their. my prayers are with you.
    I've been their, you don't have to stay.
    Jim

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    James , my advice to you is keep your faith. The Lord wont give out more than you cant take. I'm a firm believer that we are tested on our journey in life and times like this you must stand strong. I've spent many of nights on my knees praying to God, thanking him even when I was in pain and like you..lost everything. He will listen James, keep our heart pure and totally honest. Most folks go through times like this some time or another and we all can promise you it will pass. Its just hard now but you need to keep your head on straight...I think you know what I mean. Just remember your not alone, we are here if you need us. Wait out the storm, the sun will shine again -Jim-

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jim,
    Keep your chin up,and keep your faith in the Lord,he will never give you more than you can handle. I know that's hard to understand sometimes,but that's when you have to reach down a little deeper in your faith. Just remember God loves you and so do we,your brothers and sisters of the BOC.

God Bless You,
    Glenn

6. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Jim, God knows that you are a strong person because He wouldn't allow this much to be put on a weaker person. Sometimes we must reach rock bottom before we can be brought back up. Turn your life over to God and do as He says and He will lift you up. We are praying for you Jim.

7. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    prayers are sent from Colorado , and my faimly will light a candle for you .
    hang in there bud keep your chin up and be strong .

8. Targa 175

Targa 175 New Member

State:
    Richmond,Virginia
    I lost my wife to brain cancer March of last year. She wanted to have a 20th wedding anniversary but did not make it. She was the love of my life and soul mate. I still find it hard everyday to function as a normal human being but with God's help and the comfort of friends I see light in my dark places. Do yourself a favor and don't shut yourself off from others. Fishing has been my greatest joy since my wife went home. I could never do much fishing when she was sick and she always said she was praying for me to get a fishing buddy. That did not happen until after she passed but her prayers were answered. I don't have one fishing buddy I have four great ones. They are there for me when I want to fish and they are there when I want to talk. I could quote scriptures to you til your brain busted but all you need to know is your friends here and God loves you. Keep close to your frinds and let them help carry your burden.

Jim

9. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    James this may not have anything to do with the problems you have but I'm going tell you about it anyway.In Oct.1986 my world fell apart and it was all my falt.I lost my wife and kids,house,job and good name.I was out on my own with 1 change of clothes my Jeep and a half a tank of gas.15 months later had strightend myself out I was able to talk my wife out of the divorce she had filed for.I told her it would be better than it had ever been for her then I set out to make it that way.With in 2 years I had bought 1 house sold it to buy a better one and had bought her a new car.In 5 years she had a luxery car and I had a new pickup.In 1995 I was working the best job I had ever had and was making a $1,000.00 a week.In Jan.2001 I got hurt and disabled off the job.I bought a 2001 pickup and a 2004 van since then,I had to sell my house to pay off a heavy debt load but was able to pay off the debt and buy for cash the house I'm living in now.My point for telling you all this is you have to set goals and keep working to reach them and if you don't do that you will never have anything.I worked myself out of the troubles I had and so can you.

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Prayers are sent from Ohio. Perhaps you are not looking for advise, perhaps you are so use this or not as you wish.

You are currently in the best position of your life to make a positive change. Some people who are unhappy in their lives are stuck with a wife, kids, a dead end job, etc...

Although you have lost a lot, you can now begin again. You can change your friends, your location and start anew.

What are your goals? What were your goals? How can you get there? Don't allow anyone to stop you, for the American Dream is still alive. You have lost it all but mostly your confidence as a man. You have managed to find a computer and a prayer list as well as a family on the BOC. You don't really want to die, for you asked for help here. We are here for you. All you need to do (not that it is a small thing) is identify what you want and then map out a plan of how to get there. What do you need to get where you need to go. If you ask, you can receive.

If you do nothing now, where will you be tomorrow, next week, next year.
    If you can imagine it, then imagine a path, you can do it.
    Been there and done it.

Good luck and God Bless, may there be but one set of footsteps in the sand for you in this time.

11. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Prayers sent from NC, Ive been where you are before, and seem to be heading back there now, Dont give up, just pray, and pray, and seek friends that will bring you up. You have a LOAD of Bro's and Sisters on here that would talk to you anytime, if you need to talk pm me, seriously.
    keep your head high,
    Mike

12. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother James;
    As soon as I send this post, I am going to say a Prayer for you.
    I've BTDT/Been There Done That and survived it. YOU can Do The Same Thing too!
    Listen to the others and what they are saying. Then, from your own heart, send a HEARTFELT Prayer. Then keep your eyes open for an opening! :wink:
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post and signing off to say that Prayer :)]]]]]

13. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    As I sit here thinking I remembered something that really hurt me along the way. Its was my friends..., be careful and don't always put your faith in that they will be there. Its sad to have to say this but pretty much all of them were gone in a flash. It hurt me really bad man. In fact I let it get the best of me and I started to self destruct. I'm not saying this will happen to you but I want you to be aware of the possibility. It took me a long time to realize NOBODY was gonna help me, I was alone. I finally stood up and realized the only person I could count on was God.

One thing I CAN promise you is that when this is all over you will be a better man. I've been through so much its unreal. But ya know what ?...It made me who I am today, a loving husband, father, son, brother and friend. To this day I've never said a word to the friends that turned their backs on me, why ?...because I'm a bigger man than that now. They just didn't know how to help I guess.

These days I enjoy my family ( except for the in-laws, LOL ) and a few close friends. I never did get back everything I lost but I couldn't care less. People like me are like cancer survivors, we change our out look on life and tend to open are hearts up to strangers because we honestly feel their pain.

You will get there my friend, one step at a time. Just remember always what you have learned and where you were. One day it will be your turn to help a stranger or loved one. -Jim-

14. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Prayers coming to you from Texas my friend. Hang in there and start again new and things will change for you. I would move to a new place where you will have new everything and nothing old to remind you of what was. I have been there and it changed my life for the better.
    God Bless you.
    Bill

15. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    James, you have made the good first step of asking for help.

You need to find someone that you can confide in, someone who will listen, someone who will provide good advice, and someone who will hold you accountable. This person must be nearby. I would suggest a pastor that meets these criteria.

As a pastor, I can sincerely say that there have been many times I prayed that I could help some people in need, but they would never come and ask for help. By the time I became involved it was always too late, whatever that means (in all its sad meanings). I pray that there is a good minister waiting to help you through this rough time; now go find him!

My prayers are with you.

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    James you have made the first important step.You have asked for Prayer. Prayer changes things. God knows where you are and wants to hear your petitions. Talk to him, ask him, to take control of your situtation.God can only work when we turn everything over to him.He never brought you this far to leave you.Feel free to e-mail me, if needed. Were Praying for you, in So, Illinois.

17. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    prayers sent from Arkansas. Keep your faith in God. It will get better. I too, went through a divorce. It will be 2 yrs on 10-31-07. I had to hit rock bottom but I also kept my faith in God. Now i am remarried and gained a wonderful Step daughter. And i have more then i had in my whole life. Keep your chin up and keep the faith. God Bless.

18. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks to everyone who has responded so far,where im at right now i really dont have anyone to talk to or at least anyone i trust.Im taking in everything everyone saying so thank you very very much.